Where is mods folder for sims 4 in windows 10??

by Annie_Dawgdawg

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Where is mods folder for sims 4 in windows 10??

★★★★ Novice

I recently got a new laptop and downloaded Windows 10 on it. I downloaded Sims 4, (I had played it before on other laptops) and I wanted to put custom content in my game, like always. But I searched and I couldn't find the mods folder anywhere in the Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. I also couldn't find the saves folder either. Does anybody else have this problem, know anything about it, know how to help??

Message 1 of 35 (318,558 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Where is mods folder for sims 4 in windows 10??

Hero

You need to start the game at least once for the folder to be created

If you want to play with your old saves, you'll need to manually move them over from your old computer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 35 (358,992 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You need to start the game at least once for the folder to be created

If you want to play with your old saves, you'll need to manually move them over from your old computer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (358,993 Views)

★ Novice

you need to start the game and play on it for about 5 mins and it should come up Standard smile Heart

Message 3 of 35 (318,213 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have started u the game many times but there is still no folder. HELP?

Message 4 of 35 (315,574 Views)

★ Apprentice

1> Play the game for a few minutes

2> Go in your folder

3> Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 should pop up

Message 5 of 35 (315,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure whether you're still having the problem but I not long ago had the problem too, I do everything that everyone stated above but nothing even played for 5 minutes (probably longer) but I think I might of found a way you can find it, Not sure whether it'll work but... 

Click on This PC, then Click on your C Drive, which'll look like this -- Acer ( C : ) (Without spaces) -- If you've clicked on it, then you'll see a bunch of folders, Some with program files, etc.. Click on the folder that says 'Users' then once you've done that, Click on the one folder that has your PC's name on it, Like what you've named your PC, For example mine's -- Shyanne -- As that's my name, I know original, but once you've done that then you'll see all the same folders you have at the side but for some strange reason are completely different, click on documents after the PC's named folder, once you've also done that you'll be directed to some more folders, Click on Electronic Arts then Sims 4 then Mods. 

Hopefully this helped I do really suck at explaining stuff, I also tend to babble, If you understand anything from above then awesome.

If there's nothing there still then I have no absolute clue, I do hope you get it solved quick though as I know it's horrible specially when you'd like to play the game. 

- Shy. xoxo.

capture-20170907-152413.png

page.jpg

page2.jpg

Message 6 of 35 (312,168 Views)

★★ Novice

same ive been playing it for twelve mins and NOTHING will come up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 35 (311,751 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you

Message 8 of 35 (302,440 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

you would think they would have fixed this by 2018, but they haven't. This totally worked, the only answer I've found thats worked. Thanks so much!!

Message 9 of 35 (297,154 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@charnutss

I do not know what you mean by "it has not been fixed"? Oops

This is how the game works, nothing is wrong, why would they fix it, and what would the fix be? Standard smile

Message 10 of 35 (297,147 Views)