Re: When traveling, my Sims 4 game crashes and my PC resets.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

Thank you so much for all your help! My game is working flawlessly now! it hasn't crashed in two days.

First, thanks for having me check the drivers on the graphics card I had which you said were corrupt. That fixed 90% of issues with crashing. Then you said to check the actual insides to see if anything not plugged in right. I checked, and one of the 4 RAM sticks were not seated right. That fixed all the crashing.

I then took a look at why my memory was running 1866 MHZ like you said, which is the slowest for my MOBO, and I realized I had to enable in the BIOS. I updated to 2666 MHZ which is what this RAM is, and now the buffering in my games like Monster Hunter has gone away! Looks like I had a bottleneck.

I've read that 3200 MHZ is the sweet spot for my MOBO and PC set up. I'm going to see if games like RDR2, Monster Hunter work without buffering, if that happens I might not upgrade for awhile. If I see any buffering I will probably get the faster RAM.

Again, thank you SO much for your help. I wouldn't have been able to fix this without you!

Message 11 of 12 (208 Views)

@KhanivoreKhan Thanks for the update, and I'm so glad that you've sorted out all the issues now.  Having a RAM module not seated correctly would definitely cause problems, but it's an easy problem to fix.

I'm surprised that an X570 board would need a BIOS adjustment to run the memory at 2666 MHz.  Still, that's an easy fix too.  You'd definitely get a performance improvement from faster memory, although I would expect games to still run fine.  At any rate, you could probably sell your current RAM on Ebay or something and recoup some of the cost, now or later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 12 (185 Views)