Re: When playing, build mode freezes, does not show bottom bar then crashes game

by xSapphireVixenx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When playing, build mode freezes, does not show bottom bar then crashes game.

★★ Novice

Hi all, I am at my wits end. I have all of the sims 4 game and stuff packs and after I purchased my last pack the game stopped working properly. I can play in live mode fine, but when I enter build mode, the bottom bar does not come up and the game is in a semi frozen state, where I can delete and move items, but all other bars and options are gone, and when I press F1 to return to live mode, the game crashes. I tried to leave the game sitting in build mode in case in was just heavily lagging, but when I returned 30 minutes later it was still frozen. 

Message 1 of 11 (7,355 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When playing, build mode freezes, does not show bottom bar then crashes game

Hero (Retired)
@xSapphireVixenx

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Move The Sims4 folder to the desktop
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old on the desktop and one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims and play by 5 minutes.
If the problem disappears, then the reason for this error was in your game folder.
Let me know because if the error disappears now you need to restore your safes and library.
If you still have this error in the new game folder, then the reason for the problem is on your computer.
In this case, could you post your computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (7,313 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Also tried repairing my game and problem still happened. 

Message 2 of 11 (7,353 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@xSapphireVixenx

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Move The Sims4 folder to the desktop
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old on the desktop and one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims and play by 5 minutes.
If the problem disappears, then the reason for this error was in your game folder.
Let me know because if the error disappears now you need to restore your safes and library.
If you still have this error in the new game folder, then the reason for the problem is on your computer.
In this case, could you post your computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button.

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 11 (7,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can easily just reinstall Orgin and The Sims 4. I had this same problem, it works way better if you reinstall it. Hope this helps, have a good day!

Message 4 of 11 (7,301 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried to follow these steps, however I moved the wrong game file, I moved the origin file instead of the ea file. Now, my origin wont work. I cant reinstall the sims as it keeps saying "an unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327683:0" 

Message 5 of 11 (7,238 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@xSapphireVixenx

Uninstall Origin manually in an easy way
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/
and install again http://origin.com/download
You went to Programs (x86). There are installations folders each you should not touch.
Path to The Sims 4 folder in Documents - in Win10
Users/User/Documents/Electronic Arts /The Sims4 - (inside are: saves folder, mods folder and so on...)
Click on "This PC"
then click on your C Drive, which looks like this for example -- Acer ( C : ) (Without spaces) --
If you've clicked on it, then you'll see a bunch of folders, Some with program files, etc..
Click on the folder that says 'Users'
then once you've done that, click on the one folder that has your PC's name on it, then click on Documents after the PC's named folder, once you've also done that you'll be directed to some more folders, Click on Electronic Arts then you will see The Sims 4 folder

Message 6 of 11 (7,201 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your help! I ended up getting everything to work again after uninstalling and reinstalling both origin and the sims more times than I'd like to admit. Your original advice also worked and my game is now running smoothly! Thank you! 

Message 7 of 11 (7,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kreatora So if the problem does disappear, how would I be able to restore all my original saves and library. Basically I'm having a very similar issue with my Sims 4 game. Everything works fine and I can play the game just fine. Even going into build mode is no problem. But once I leave build mode, everything seems to be totally frozen. I can't open any pie menu options and the whole lower menu with the Sim thumbnail and pause/play options are all gone. I also can't see any of my scenario goals.

I did as you suggested and moved my original Sims 4 folder to desktop before repairing the game and starting with a new sim, and everything sims to be fine now. I'm just wondering how to restore my saves and mods & CCs, but still know what caused the initial glitching.
Message 8 of 11 (4,955 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Blu_Skaiz

.If the bug disappears, exit the game and delete the following folders from the newly created TS4 folder in Documents: Saves and Tray.
Then copy your old Saves folder from your desktop and paste it into that new game folder.
Do it yourself with the Tray folder - this is your library - and if you have such a TrayDeleteItems file in your old desktop folder, paste it into the new game folder as well.
If you had any mods, do not add them to the new game folder yet. Perhaps this bug was caused by some outdated mod or CC. You will probably need new versions of them already adapted to the latest updates.
Start the game and check if the error has disappeared in the old save. However, if you had any CC objects in your home (furniture etc.) then your old save might have broken.

Message 9 of 11 (4,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kreatora Thanks so much! I tried all that you said and then I tried it with the mods added back to see if all my svaes were experiencing the same issues and it seems to be a problem with only one of my save files. I was thinking of maybe saving the sims and lots in that save file to my gallery, then just deleting that corrupted save and starting again.
Message 10 of 11 (4,909 Views)