When planting produce I keep getting “Failed to germinate” notice

by Jessymouse45

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When planting produce I keep getting “Failed to germinate” notice

★★ Novice

I have the eco lifestyle game installed and have found that most of the plantable foods are giving me the “Item failed to germinate. Try putting it in a more open place before planting it.” I then moved the items out of the planters and onto the grass and it still gave me the same response. It’s showing up for fruits that produce trees, vegetables,  herbs and fruits that produce shrubs.

I’ve never had this happen to me before installing the Eco Lifestyle game and have no idea on how to fix the problem. 

Message 1 of 12 (18,241 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When planting produce I keep getting “Failed to germinate” notice

Champion (Retired)

@Jessymouse45 

Please note that not all plants can be planted in Vertical Gardens.

If you have any Mods especially mods that have to do with gardening remove them delete localthumbcache.package and test without.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (18,179 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Jessymouse45 

This generally happens with trees because there are not enough space above them or a Cow plant because there are not enough space in front of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (18,214 Views)

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen, it’s happening when using the round planters from the base game which I place in the open, usually in a fenced off area either behind my Sims house or in front of my Sims house. I haven’t tried the plants that keep telling me “failed to germinate” in the standing planters from eco lifestyle just yet.

I was hoping that if I turned my game off and restarted it that the items would plant, but half of them still give me the same notice, while the other half are now growing in the pots now. I am thinking that I might need to buy some of the standing planters and try the half that are failing to grow in the pots.

Message 3 of 12 (18,190 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Jessymouse45 

Please note that not all plants can be planted in Vertical Gardens.

If you have any Mods especially mods that have to do with gardening remove them delete localthumbcache.package and test without.

Message 4 of 12 (18,180 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen, I removed the localthumbcache.package file and can now plant all my plants, thank you so much for your help.
Message 5 of 12 (18,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For anyone having this problem starting in December 2020, it could be this broken CC:<removed>. It caused major in-game issues like plants, terrain, stairs, sinks, windows and doors to disappear. 

(CM: Edited to remove link to modded content. Please review this thread for more on mod links and AHQ)

Message 6 of 12 (17,160 Views)

★ Novice

How does one do this? I'm having the same problem with many of my plants and have never had this issue before.

Message 7 of 12 (16,947 Views)

★ Novice
@Jessymouse45
How does one do this? I'm having the same problem with many of my plants and have never had this issue before.
Message 8 of 12 (16,946 Views)

★★ Novice
@SpicyMcHaggis206 Have you got the eco lifestyles game and gardening mods? If so, remove your localthumbcache.package and try again. That’s what helped with my game...
Message 9 of 12 (16,925 Views)

★ Novice

im having this issue but i have not planted anything. Every 30 seconds or so i get a notification that my kava root and potato have failed to germinate, but i have not planted any of those and they are not in my home lot. Is it possible that i could be getting this error from a vacation rental lot or another sim that is in my world? 

Message 10 of 12 (11,218 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help