When I go into tab mode and then get out it won't let me do anything.

by annalw2000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When I go into tab mode and then get out it won't let me do anything.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I go into tab mode and then get out the only things on the screen are the gallery button, menu, and notifications, but not the things that are supposed to be on the bottom of the screen in live mode and, I can't click on them and it won't let me do anything except for move around the camera. It has done this before and it is annoying because I can't do anything about it. The sims will continue to do things but I can't control them or do anything at all. Does anyone know how to get it to not do that?

Message 1 of 3 (664 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When I go into tab mode and then get out it won't let me do anything.

Do you have any mods or custom content (CC) in your game? Could you test without?
You can just move the folder to a location outside the Electronic Arts folder.
If the game works without your CC and mods in, your issue is probably caused by a broken mod or CC.
You can find a full list of broken/incompatible CC and mods since the Seasons expansion pack over here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

If it still doesn't work I suggest taking out half of your mods and CC and testing the game. Then keep splitting until you find all that is broken.
Either update or remove the broken CC/mods.  

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (645 Views)

All Replies

Do you have any mods or custom content (CC) in your game? Could you test without?
You can just move the folder to a location outside the Electronic Arts folder.
If the game works without your CC and mods in, your issue is probably caused by a broken mod or CC.
You can find a full list of broken/incompatible CC and mods since the Seasons expansion pack over here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

If it still doesn't work I suggest taking out half of your mods and CC and testing the game. Then keep splitting until you find all that is broken.
Either update or remove the broken CC/mods.  

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (646 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you so much! This is the cause of my problem. Thanks for the help!
Message 3 of 3 (627 Views)