When I click on the computer the action is canceled.

by BlackArwen29

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When I click on the computer the action is canceled.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living. Get Together. Get to Work. Get Famous. Seasons. Cats and Dogs. City Living. Jungle Adventure. Spa Day. Perfect Patio Stuff. Vintage Glamour Stuff. Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Sulani. Click on the computer and choose something for your sim to do.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on the computer and choose something for my sim to do, the action is canceled.
What do you expect to see? My sim should be able to use the pc as normal without having to click on the chair first.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared when I installed Island Living.

This bug only occurs in Sulani. When I click on the computer and choose something for my sim to do, the action is canceled. The only way to use the computer is if I click on the chair first and make him/her sit and THEN click on the pc. This has been happening since Island Living was launched.

Message 1 of 6 (760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When I click on the computer the action is canceled.

Hero
@BlackArwen29 I've been using mine fine in Sulani.

Did you test if multiple households are affected ? Maybe also a new save to see if it's save game related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (729 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@BlackArwen29 Any special interaction ? There' s known issue with writing books and comedy routines but other stuff should work fine.

Did you try selling the computer and get a new one (that only temporarily works for the books/comedy routines)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (747 Views)

★★ Novice

No special interaction, @crinrict . The only thing special is that it only happens in Sulani.

And I already have tried replacing the computer but it doesn't work.

Message 3 of 6 (740 Views)

Hero
@BlackArwen29 I've been using mine fine in Sulani.

Did you test if multiple households are affected ? Maybe also a new save to see if it's save game related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (730 Views)

★★ Novice

It was affecting other households as well.

@crinrictwhen I tested with a new save as you suggested it didn't bug anymore.

Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 6 (711 Views)

Hero
@BlackArwen29 It might only be a temporary solution and I don't want you to loose your save. This was just for testing if it's a general issue or not.
Are you ok with starting over ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (685 Views)