Re: When Crashing

by crinrict

Original Post

When Crashing

★★★ Novice

Hi I have a question to all who r experiencing a crash after the 11/2020 update...when your experiencing a crash does your computer turn off?

Message 1 of 6 (309 Views)

@gatorsforever 

Is that happening to you? That's not good and no, it's not a typical symptom of the current crashing issue with sound introduced in the November patch.

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (298 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi its a pc am I on the wrong board? lol I am kinda lost here sorry...if I am on the wrong board could u please send me the right link? Thank u Standard smile 

Message 3 of 6 (269 Views)

@gatorsforever

No worries Standard smile I've moved your thread to the PC tech forum for better help. You may have this issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/t... in which case please try the workaround in the opening post.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 6 (263 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank u much Standard smile 

Message 5 of 6 (254 Views)

Hero
@gatorsforever Are you asking if the symptom of the known crashing issues are computer turning off because you see that in your game ?

If so, as @Bluebellflora said, no that's not typically a symptom. It's just the game that closes

If you're computer shuts down, that's usually a sign of your computer overheating.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (238 Views)