What is error code 510:87f596b9:3e8a2928

★ Novice

What is error code 510:87f596b9:3e8a2928

Message 1 of 3 (713 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What is error code 510:87f596b9:3e8a2928

Hero (Retired)
@LizzyCapone

I think it is its cc/mods related issue. Are you able to save the game?

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one) You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (702 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@LizzyCapone

I think it is its cc/mods related issue. Are you able to save the game?

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one) You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 3 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you I will do this.

Update:

Thank you so much for the help & the step by step instructions!  I followed your instructions, & my game is fixed!  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3 (681 Views)