What is allowed here ?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What is allowed here ?

Hero

I've read the rules but I'm still a little unsure what we can post and what we can't.

Regulars of the Sims World probably know me. I have a blog that helps people with the more common issues and I try helping out in the technical forum of the Sims 3 forum quite a lot. Now when I help out there, I often resort to suggest mods or 3rd party tools. My blog does the same. Those tools/mods are not illegal and don't promote such behavior. They just help enhance the game experience as a whole.

All info in my blog is free of charge.

So my questions:

1. Am I allowed to link to my blog articles?

2. Can I link to mods and other custom content as long as it's not illiegal ?

3. Can I link 3rd party tools that can be found on other pages ?

4. I also do bug threads every time a new EP comes out and have some post with some general FAQ in the official Sims 3 forum. Would those still go there or could I do those here (as well) ?

Also, where do I post questions that concern the functionality of this forum ? There are a few things I don't understand what they are for. Do I put that in the ideas part ?

I hope one of the EA people here can answer me this question.

Thanks in advance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 7 (959 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What is allowed here ?

EA Staff

Yes, you can link to blog articles if they are directly relevant to the question being asked. However, we encourage you to answer questions directly in AHQ, even if you link to outside articles to provide more detail and context. By doing this, you help your fellow players get more immediate help (and increase the chance your answer will be voted up and you'll earn XP!) 

Remember--the focus of Answer HQ is to ask & answer questions. Any post that is outside that purpose is subject to EA action, including promotion of external fansites, but we largely trust the community to self-moderate. 

2. Can I link to mods and other custom content as long as it's not illegal ?

and 3. Can I link 3rd party tools that can be found on other pages ?

EA does not support or approve of the use of third party apps/mods/custom content and cannot be held responsible for the results of someone using them. As a blanket policy, EA does not allow contributors on Answer HQ to post or link to these tools and will moderate any posts containing such links. 

However, we understand that some of these extensions are benevolent and can help solve player's problems to get them back in the game--something we at EA value. To that end, I suggest you post an "idea" that states what you think the AHQ 3rd party linking policy should be. We'll review that idea, along with all others posted on the Idea Exchange, to see if any improvements or changes can be made.  While we have to keep the safety, privacy, and security of all players in mind, we welcome feedback on all our policies and want every player to get the most out of their game and Answer HQ.

4. I also do bug threads every time a new EP comes out and have some post with some general FAQ in the official Sims 3 forum. Would those still go there or could I do those here (as well) ?

Identifying and fixing bugs is one of the most important functions of Answer HQ, and should exist on this site. If your content will help players with a common or uncommon issue and get them back in the game, it belongs on the Answer HQ, and this includes the things you mention above.

Also, where do I post questions that concern the functionality of this forum ? There are a few things I don't understand what they are for. Do I put that in the ideas part ?

For now, your ideas or questions about AHQ can go in the Idea Exchange. We're currently exploring opening up an AHQ-focused board for all related questions and answers, so stay posted!

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (937 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

I hae the same question but for other games that i'm more into. Surely as long as we're not breaking the rules or being racist or harming anyone we can use unofficial 3rd party stuff right/

Message 2 of 7 (926 Views)

EA Staff

Yes, you can link to blog articles if they are directly relevant to the question being asked. However, we encourage you to answer questions directly in AHQ, even if you link to outside articles to provide more detail and context. By doing this, you help your fellow players get more immediate help (and increase the chance your answer will be voted up and you'll earn XP!) 

Remember--the focus of Answer HQ is to ask & answer questions. Any post that is outside that purpose is subject to EA action, including promotion of external fansites, but we largely trust the community to self-moderate. 

2. Can I link to mods and other custom content as long as it's not illegal ?

and 3. Can I link 3rd party tools that can be found on other pages ?

EA does not support or approve of the use of third party apps/mods/custom content and cannot be held responsible for the results of someone using them. As a blanket policy, EA does not allow contributors on Answer HQ to post or link to these tools and will moderate any posts containing such links. 

However, we understand that some of these extensions are benevolent and can help solve player's problems to get them back in the game--something we at EA value. To that end, I suggest you post an "idea" that states what you think the AHQ 3rd party linking policy should be. We'll review that idea, along with all others posted on the Idea Exchange, to see if any improvements or changes can be made.  While we have to keep the safety, privacy, and security of all players in mind, we welcome feedback on all our policies and want every player to get the most out of their game and Answer HQ.

Identifying and fixing bugs is one of the most important functions of Answer HQ, and should exist on this site. If your content will help players with a common or uncommon issue and get them back in the game, it belongs on the Answer HQ, and this includes the things you mention above.

For now, your ideas or questions about AHQ can go in the Idea Exchange. We're currently exploring opening up an AHQ-focused board for all related questions and answers, so stay posted!

Message 3 of 7 (938 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, I hope the question of suggesting a mod to a player as a "fix" becomes "legal on this Answer HQ..  If I am understanding it correctly, it's not a desired topic here. yes?  I do know that Crin has helped me with some major game crashing issues and I resorted to "outside" help.  If I hadn't I would not be able to continue my game or save some saved files that went .bad  

Anyway, I hope it's reviewed and approved.

Message 4 of 7 (865 Views)

Hero

Another questions: Are we allowed to talk about mods as long as we don't link them or is any mention/naming of mods not allowed atm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict wrote:

Another questions: Are we allowed to talk about mods as long as we don't link them or is any mention/naming of mods not allowed atm ?

Very good question.  I got the impressions from the Admin's post above that certain  topics would be reviewed, and I wondered if we could get "mod" reviewed.

Message 6 of 7 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am going to be very positive and professional and always err on the side of caution. I believe this has been a very professional site for the past two days and my respect for that (first impressions usually last) will not waver.

Thank you again ea for offering this site!

Message 7 of 7 (745 Views)