Re: What happened? Can I fix this?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

What happened? Can I fix this?

★★ Novice

I removed my mods folder as I have before, to install Tiny Living.  When I went back into my game it was gone.  All saved games were gone.  All expansions, game, and stuff packs were reloaded.  Even my screen size changed.  I had a back up file saved.  It didn't work when I tried to use it.  It wasn't current, but it was better than starting from scratch.  I had all of my worlds customized and can't even think about playing my game without the customizations.  It took months to create custom worlds.  I had new venues and houses in all worlds.  None of the buildings I had in my library were ther either.

To top it all off, Tiny Living was not available yet.  It was before 6am eastern standard time.

Message 1 of 2 (173 Views)

Re: What happened? Can I fix this?

@tanyaw  If you go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, do you see your most recent saves listed?  (You can tell by last modified date, even if you can't load them.)  If the saves are there, you can try restoring a backup; use the manual approach:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

If this doesn't help, does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Is it possible your system is set to sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage?  If so, try looking there (OneDrive or iCloud) for your missing saves.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (147 Views)