Re: What could be causing my Sims 4 game to lag?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

What could be causing my Sims 4 game to lag?

★★★ Newbie

I have been struggling for a while to fix my Sims 4 game on PC. I have used Mod Conflict Detector to remove corrupted files, removed MC Command, repaired my game a few times. Completely removed all mods and I can't get to the bottom of the reason why my game is laggy. It started with whatever the latest patch was.

I'm at my wits end and I just really need some help on getting my game to work like how it used too. The most that I can stand to do is build homes but game play with my sims is terrible and frustrating. The screen lags when I try to move across the lot and it takes a long time to get my Sims to do functions in the games. I have become discouraged from playing. Can someone, anyone please help me out with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

DxDiag has been attached!

Message 1 of 8 (630 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You are using a generic Video driver instead of the correct one for your Graphics (probably Intel) you need to install the correct driver.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (620 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Okay, could you briefly tell me how I would go about installing the correct driver? I wouldn't even know where to begin with that :/
Message 3 of 8 (617 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Also yes the sticker on the laptop base does say Intel.
Message 4 of 8 (612 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Visit the manufacturers support page. There will be the correct drivers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (609 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Am I allowed to post links on here? I went to the manufacturer's page but I am not sure which driver is the correct one needed to update the current one?
Message 6 of 8 (596 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Looks like all or most of them are Intel also.
Message 7 of 8 (595 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is fine to post such a link. However there often are several versions of a particular laptop. Looking at what it says on the sticker at the bottom you should be able to tell which one you need. There may also be different versions depending on what Windows version it is for.

Message 8 of 8 (572 Views)