Re: What Is Wrong With My Sims 4 Game?

by zalimeleni

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What Is Wrong With My Sims 4 Game?

★★★ Novice

So im really confused. My sim game has been playing perfectly fine but one day i turned it on and i could go onto the main screen just fine, but once i pressed onto one of my saved files, and tried pressing on my sims household, it wouldnt let me see my sims and instead showed a loading circle and a blue flashing screen on where it usually shows my sims. Then i tried pressing the play button, and it wouldnt go into my game. I tried removing my mods and cc from  my game but it didnt do anything to help. Please help me!

Message 1 of 6 (1,213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Your graphics card driver could use a update:
https://www.geforce.com/drivers

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,186 Views)

All Replies

Your graphics card driver could use a update:
https://www.geforce.com/drivers

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, i'll try that!

Message 3 of 6 (1,179 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@zalimeleni   The dxdiag shows 2 video cards. Do you have them configured in SLI? If you do have them in SLI it is preferred to use similar cards. I notice you only have 47.9Gb of storage free on the system storage device (ssd). While having more memory is a good thing there will be a point where virtual memory will get used regardless of how much memory you have. This is because of the compilers used to create the program code. The AMD APU series processors share the clock among the cores meaning the more active cores you have the slower the cores run. Running out of temp space on the system drive sneaks up on you. The Windows operating system creates temp files and does not always remove these files when no longer needed. The Windows operating system bloats - it is what it does. If you start a new game is the issue there? Have you checked the fans on the video cards? Is the power supply strong enough to power the 2 video cards? Your system has an unusual storage configuration. While not wrong just unusual. I try to keep my gaming systems simple and over time I have found this to prevent problems.

Message 4 of 6 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for offering help, 

the problem is when you go onto the screen where you have the town and you can click onto the houses to choose from which household you would like to play as. When i click onto one of my households, there is a spot where you can see what your sims look like excpet with mine, all you see is a loading screen with a flashing blue screen over the top of it. (note: that its not over the whole screen) 

Im also unable to click onto the play button as it wont let me. I can click it as many times as i would like and it still wont go into the save file.

I will try your ideas, thank you.

Sincerely, 

Zali

Message 5 of 6 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

your idea worked! thank you so much!! @Phantomlover1717

Message 6 of 6 (1,099 Views)