Dot.: Went through all mods and they still don't work.

by kreatora

Original Post

Went through all mods and they still don't work.

★★ Novice

Hi

So I went systematically through all my mods, as I do whenever one of them crashes the game, to remove the offending mod. Usually I find them pretty fast by process of elimination, but this time as I went through them, everything was fine. I went through them by parting them half by half, step by step, and checked those I removed as well, and they all worked. Three times during my process of elimination I managed to narrow it down by process of elimination, but when I finally had my last ten and parted them in half, everything worked. 

I've done almost anything the internet advice I do when mods don't work and it could be a mac or game error, and yet the game crashes once I put all of them back in. Most annoyingly, they worked perfectly fine yesterday.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

Message 1 of 6 (288 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@lotusrid

Probably damaged files in the game folder

Step 1. Move The Sims4 folder to the desktop
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old on the desktop and one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims and play by 5 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4" old folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem disappeared.
The last step - delete The Sims4 folder from the desktop
Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (278 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, I'll try that!

Message 3 of 6 (276 Views)

★★ Novice
@kreatora ok it didn't work. no mods crashes the game when there's less than 500 of them, i think my game just suddenly refuses more than 500 (despite me having had 2000 with zero issues in the past lmao)
Message 4 of 6 (237 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@lotusrid

If you have it Turn off Rivatuner Statistics Server and MSI Afterburner
If you didn't have these apps could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
Copy and paste or type "DxDiag" in the new field. (Without the quotes) > ENTER
Wait until the green bar is gone > Click on "Save all information"
Save the file to your desktop
Here at AHQ > click on "Reply" > click on "choose file" > navigate to the "DxDiag.txt" on your desktop. > select the "DxDiag.txt" > click on "Open" type a few words in the text box > click on "Submit"
Message 5 of 6 (218 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@lotusrid It could be that you have mods that conflict with each other. They might be fine alone but with another mod, could cause problems. It doesn't happen very often but I have seen it.

Unfortunately it's a lot harder to track down. Try taking the first 1/2 out, if it works, then start putting mods back in little by little and see when it crashes. Keep an eye on that mod. Leave it in, and take the second half out. If it works, then start putting those mods back in little by little and see when it crashes again. Those two mods you have are likely incompatible.
Message 6 of 6 (207 Views)