Re: Weird lag in build/buy mode and sometimes in Live Mode too

by MadPeachyTV

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  I have the Dxdiag attached below! Standard smile

Today was also the first time opening the "..." menu did not fix the issue! After playing for about 2 hours, the lag started up. I opened the menu, closed it, and the low 5fps was still there. So I let the game sit for about 5 minuets, thinking maybe it would catch up with itself, but it didn't. This time i had to completely restart my game in order for it to stop!

It seems to be getting worse since the last hot-fix. Frown

Message 91 of 176 (1,413 Views)

@MadPeachyTV  Your dxdiag lists a number of new errors related to the XBox gaming overlay.  Maybe it's not getting along with Sims 4, or perhaps Origin, or maybe some other system update messed it up.  Regardless, try disabling it and see if it helps.  Hit Windows key-i, select Settings > Gaming > Game Bar, and either selectively turn off the options you don't want, or just disable Game Bar entirely.

There are are also a couple of Origin errors, so if disabling Game Bar doesn't fix the issue, try disabling Origin in-game as well.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 92 of 176 (1,387 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I went and disabled the game bar, and in game origin as well! 
I’ll let you know if it makes a difference.

Thank you so much for the help 😊😊

Message 93 of 176 (1,361 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  So unfortunately its still happening. Around 20 minuets into game play, and the lag was back. Opening the cheat bar also stops the lag, which I find strange.  

I really want to get to the bottom of this lol. Anything else i can do to help troubleshoot, please let me know!

Message 94 of 176 (1,334 Views)

@MadPeachyTV  Please disable Game Mode too, which is also under Settings > Gaming.  If that doesn't help, try playing while your computer isn't connected to the internet.  This is just to see whether your issue is the same as that one or something different; I'm not saying you should have to play offline.

It would also be useful to try playing in a clean boot, again.  I know it's been mentioned before, but since this issue is back, it's always possible that there's an additional factor that wasn't present before.  At the very least, these are good data points.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

When in the clean boot, be sure to check the Task Manager for any other tasks that might still be running.  I've seen everything from RivaTuner Statistics Server and MSI Afterburner to an RGB control app still running in a clean boot, even though the whole point is that apps like those should be disabled.

Message 95 of 176 (1,308 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  i will try that and get back to you as soon as i can!

it may be a few days, i have to work quite a bit in the next week.

thanks again!

Message 96 of 176 (1,299 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello again everyone,

So I now have had a new problem arise. While playing, my game will now randomly drop to 10-20 FPS, and nothing I do will change it. Opening the "..." menu no longer resets my FPS. This will be in build and live mode. It's been a while since I've played, but tonight I finally had some free time. Most of the time I was at a steady 70 FPS, then just randomly 15 FPS and nothing to stop it. I was able to re-create it a few times too, after restarting my computer twice and game twice, I even tried playing without internet, but that seemed to make the problem start sooner.

I was hoping the recent updates fixed some of the issues, but no luck. 

I have my DxDiag Below.... Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Message 97 of 176 (1,188 Views)

@MadPeachyTV  Your dxdiag has a number of errors related to Razer software.  So try disabling everything related to Razer before you start playing.  You can go through the background processes in the Task Manager to find them.  (Game Manager Service is Razer software, whether it says so or not.)

If that doesn't help, please try playing in a clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

When testing, please play while your computer is not connected to the internet, just to keep things simple.  If something helps, then add back the internet connection and see what happens.

Message 98 of 176 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My problem has been solely in live mode. Maybe some lag here and there in build/buy. I don’t play with any mods or custom content, but I can only play for maybe 10 minutes before severe lag kicks in. I’ve never had an issue running the Sims 4 on this computer ever, it’s only since around knifty knitting that it began.

Message 99 of 176 (1,096 Views)

@MarieKennaGaming  Please describe in more detail what you see, since "lag" can mean different things to different people.  Does it make a difference if the active household has knitting items present, e.g. a basket in inventory?  Have you tried repairing the game in Origin?  If not, please do so now: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 100 of 176 (1,065 Views)