Re: Weird lag in build/buy mode and sometimes in Live Mode too

by abc1381541026

Original Post

★★★ Novice

i'm having the same problem but worse and mostly in live mode, as in your video i have lag when moving around and when i attempt to switch sims. also when i try to get my sims to do actions (eg, cooking, sleeping) it takes ages to load up the different options and usually freezes in game. i have a small amount of cc in my game but not much compared to people with a lot of cc and their game seems to work fine. if anyone could help me this would be appreciated. thank you.

Message 71 of 176 (1,320 Views)

Message 72 of 176 (1,303 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

★ Novice

I have been having recent issues with my game lagging when I switch to build mode and back to live mode. Another issue I have is when I am trying to travel inviting others with me it is only letting me click on one sim in my friends list. PLease fix this bug.

Message 73 of 176 (1,308 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

that seems really confusing, i'm not great at stuff like that. what do i have to do?

Message 74 of 176 (1,278 Views)

★★ Guide
@abc1381541026 In this topic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

you'll see a lot of options for attempts. the attempt I used was Attempt #5 which is also the attempt that worked!
You need to go into Device Management in your PC. From there, you'll want to go to your Network Adapters.

From here, you'll choose the PCIe adapter that you use. It can be one from Realtek, but also one from Intel. In my case, it was labled as an Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V. So I googled on that one rather than the one from my motherboard.

Download the latest drivers, install them for your Ethernet connection, restart PC and try troubleshooting again!

In my case (so far) no problems anymore with lag in B/B mode.

Message 75 of 176 (1,254 Views)

@JeanVW  I'm not sure this approach would be any benefit to @abc1381541026, who has an HP laptop that may block the installation of any non-HP-approved drivers.  You can see a dxdiag on the laptop here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/why-is-the-sims-4-game-being-so-slow/m-p/92330...

I'm about to answer there, but the errors in the dxdiag are mostly system issues that need to be addressed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 76 of 176 (1,241 Views)

★★ Guide

I dont know if having an HP laptop affects the way LAN drivers are installed, I'm merely trying to find a solution. 

Message 77 of 176 (1,230 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue lots of people here are having, everything ok during live mode, constant 60fps on ultra settings, then as soon as I go into build mode it drops to about 10fps. When I go back to live mode if I click on the 3 dots to open the menu it goes back to 60fps and continues playing fine.

Message 78 of 176 (1,196 Views)

@Helithe  You could try step 5 here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

It seems to work for some people who have the same fps drop you've described.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 79 of 176 (1,174 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I took out my mods, repaired my game, made sure I have a strong internet connection, cache and cookies were cleared when the Patch launched on June 4th, and I only use this laptop for minimal internet browsing (Google, Facebook, Sims Forums) and Sims 4 so I have no other impeding software. I have all the packs and I use a PC that meets all of the required and recommended specs.

I click on a sim for their menu, lag

Click another sim, lag

Laptop, lag

The ground, lag

It's becoming annoying, I feel like I can't play my game because I'm constantly waiting for it to load.

Message 80 of 176 (1,156 Views)