Re: Weird lag in build/buy mode and sometimes in Live Mode too

by MadPeachyTV

Original Post

★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict I need to wait 5 minutes before opening Sims 4, but I have to let the HWinfo run first?

Message 51 of 176 (1,488 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Hi! Yeah i know San Myshuno is known for bad fps but i also tried on every map and so far it's always the same thing. I load a household for the first time : choppy fps → I go back in the map (fps stays choppy even in the map) and i load this household again and everything is back to normal. It's only doing it with new household so far. 

Here is my DxDiag Standard smile thank you alot for you help !

Message 52 of 176 (1,478 Views)

@JeanVW  Yes, please let hwinfo run for five minutes.  It really doesn't need to be quite that long, but it shows your hardware usage while essentially idle, after the startup sequence has finished and before you add anything else.

@oaana  I didn't realize you'd tested with CL enabled but not playing in San Myshuno.  That's even more interesting that running all packs except for Eco Lifestyle are okay, and EL alone is okay, but EL and CL together causes an issue.  If you want to run an hwinfo log too, please do, and I'll take a look.  You can just run it while you're playing normally if you want; as long as I know where the lag is in the info log, that's all I need.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 53 of 176 (1,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict 

I've tried running ONLY eco pack and the bug still appeared. If I load a premade household in the eco map i will have this fps drops until I got back in the map and load the household again. So I do assume only EP is the culprit. 

Message 54 of 176 (1,449 Views)

★★ Guide

https://filebin.net/rwge32gx8ojhwcls

Here is my logfile

I let it run for 5 minutes before starting Sims 4.

During play (at the time of writing) the lag began at 1:13PM when I initiated Build mode to produce the lag.

Message 55 of 176 (1,387 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hey everyone!

So i noticed there was a patch today for the game, has anyone tried playing yet to see if the lag issue was fixed?

Message 56 of 176 (1,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@MadPeachyTV The patch was for another issue with the game. My fps still drops whenever I try to play with a new household. It's funny cause if I'm playing with the family I created everything is fine but if i'm trying to join another household of npc it's gonna be 15 fps until i exit in the world and join this family again. As soon as the household is played once, it's fine. (need to have the little green icon on the map)

Do you suffer from the same issue? Could you try to join a household, switch between build and live mode, exit on map and join again and see if the issue goes away? (you can try switching between build and live mode again usually it's fine for me!) You can try on the big houses in the new map for exemple. Tried it on other map aswell like Brindleton Bay.

Message 57 of 176 (1,324 Views)

★★ Guide

@MadPeachyTV I'm not jumping the gun just yet, but it seems it's kinda alleviated now. But have to play more, don't have the time. 

Message 58 of 176 (1,286 Views)

★★ Novice

I experienced this too, and especially after placing an item, the screen would just FREEZE for at least a minute.

It took a while, and then it was somewhat smooth again. 

When I placed another window, the game froze and it actually froze my entire laptop! I couldn't click on anything on my screen. 

I've waited for at least 15 minutes and tried CTRL+ALT+Esc/Del, but even that did nothing. Then after 5-10 minutes, it worked and the screen that was supposed to pop up RIGHT AWAY finally appeared (don't know what it's called but just the screen that appears when you hit CTRL-ALT-Esc.) 

WHAT IS THIS? My laptop is perfectly fine. Never have any issues. Suddenly it's completely unresponsive for FIFTEEN MINUTES because I placed a window in Build Mode.

Fix this! 

Message 59 of 176 (1,263 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So I finally had some time to sit down and play the game again after the latest patch, and sadly the lag is still happening. It was fine for about 30 mins, then I went to renovate a community lot in Granite Falls and as soon as it loaded in, I dropped down to 15 fps. Ugh this is so frustrating.

Im testing right now to see if having Eco Lifestyle installed has an impact.

Message 60 of 176 (1,243 Views)