Re: Weird lag in build/buy mode and sometimes in Live Mode too

by MadPeachyTV

Original Post

★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict already tried it with nvidia hd audio drivers disabled. Lag is persistent. It's almost identical to @MadPeachyTV their problem.
Message 11 of 176 (3,833 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I also dont have an Nvidia Graphics card,

Im currently using the Radeon RX 570 Series

Message 12 of 176 (3,822 Views)

@JeanVW  Too bad, that would have been an easy fix.  Your dxdiag does list a couple of errors related to your graphics driver though.  I'm not sure at all that they're related, but it's worth doing a clean uninstall and reinstall to make sure.  One of the errors was a BlueScreen, in case you saw it and were wondering what caused it.  This method will remove the audio driver, and if you don't choose to install it, you won't get a new copy.

Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3067

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode.  Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Reboot again, go back online, and see whether the game works normally.  If not, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 176 (3,820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I have the DxDiag here for you Standard smile

Message 14 of 176 (3,817 Views)

@MadPeachyTV  Thanks for the dxdiag, and yeah, you're probably not going to be helped by disabling the audio driver.  But you might as well try, since you also have both a driver from AMD and one from Realtek.  If that doesn't help, try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

Let me know whether it helps.

Message 15 of 176 (3,754 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict i will do that and let you know if anything helps.

Thanks again Standard smile

Message 16 of 176 (3,744 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict So I disabled the audio drivers and the problem seemed to persist after around 10 mins. Then I went and played with a clean boot, Disabled all but windows programs, no problems at first, but after around an hour or so, the lag returned as I went into build mode. Again, when i opened the"..." menu, the lag stopped.

Not to sure what to do next.

Message 17 of 176 (3,723 Views)

@MadPeachyTV  Thanks for letting me know.  It's interesting that the clean boot would help for a while but not permanently.  I need to get a second opinion on this; I'll get back to you when I have more ideas, or someone else who knows more than I do will get back to you.

Message 18 of 176 (3,708 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict i thought it may have been my razer synapse software, but no, so im totally confused.

Thanks again for the help, I do have a video of the lag, and how it kind of re-sets but it wont let me attach it here in the forum.

Let me know if i can help with anything else. Standard smile

Message 19 of 176 (3,704 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Got a few more hours without the bug but unfortunately it came back eventually so i'm scratching the sound driver off my list.

It seems the more i play on Fast Forward the faster the bug occurs.

I just find it very odd that the bug will stop when opening different UI elements, like how does opening the camera control tab affect this? When i want to push through and continue playing i just end up switching between the Notifications tab and Camera control tabs each time i go from build to live mode. To me it sounds like some sort of UI bug but if that were the case surely more people would be experiencing this. Maybe it's a cache thing, though deleting the various cache files doesn't do anything. Back to the drawing board.

And thanks for the help puzzlez, appreciate it.

Message 20 of 176 (3,655 Views)