by cruser43

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Weird lag in build/buy mode and sometimes in Live Mode too

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Quick update on my situation.

Bad News:
I enabled the FPS counter in Origin, and it was showing ~7fps Frown. Using '...' stopped working for me after the latest update.

Good News:
I was able to fix it. I removed everything inside my C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder (including Resource.cfg), then I started the game, and things ran great. Afterwards, I added all the mods back in one by one (except for the Resource.cfg file, the game had generated a new one for me). No I'm getting a steady ~90-100fps regardless of what I do. I can hop in and out of buy mode and cas with no issue. Not sure what changed, all the mods are the same. Still, worth a shot.

This could also work for people without any mods. Just delete everything in that folder (probably just Resource.cfg) and see what happens. Couldn't hurt right?

For the record. I have every pack installed and active except for Paranormal while getting 90-100fps. Hope this helps someone!

*edit* Bad News Again:
This stopped working as soon as I traveled to another neighborhood. But at least clicking '...' works again.

Message 141 of 176 (2,371 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@cruser43 Unfortunately lots of things slow the game down. Seasons, ECO lifestyles, MODS... Remove them and the game runs better. Just depends on what you're willing to live without.
Message 142 of 176 (2,348 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Eco totally drained my Mac, so had to uninstall.  Not missing it at all, as it's incompatible with some of my other packs.  How man celebs have turbines all over their cell homes?  lol

Message 143 of 176 (2,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@GednaaMe too. ECO completely destroys my framerate. I want to investigate how to remove some of the more... laggy... features in a mod without losing some of the assets, furniture, clothes, power generation, etc. Might not be too easy.

ECO adds a LOT of features that makes off-the-grid viable. Without them, it's practically impossible. But it ruins the framerate. If I can turn off those features in a mod without losing the objects, that would be optimal. Otherwise, I'll have to weigh my options.

Message 144 of 176 (2,294 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps Well, for now, I uninstalled and will wait until some genius like yourself finds a workaround. Standard smile. I liked some of the features, it's a pity it was so unusable and incompatible with GF as well. Frown
Message 145 of 176 (2,245 Views)

★ Novice

Ok I've found the problem. It's the notification panel, once you clear it, you won't have lag in the buy mode

Message 146 of 176 (1,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

You are  right Hakhob, I have a fps counter displayed when I play I cleared it and it just jumped from a disgraceful 15fps to 120Fps! then i accidently click gameplay icon, and jumped back to build mode, and i'm back at just 15fps, and now I have no notification board to clear, because It's already empty, now what do i do ?

Message 147 of 176 (1,572 Views)

★ Novice

And if you just click again in the build mode, then click in the panel notification (without clear it). I found that solution for me.

Message 148 of 176 (1,561 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried this tonight with no luck. 

So far, going to the Map / Travel clears the lag up for me. 

I also have No Mods, using a Rog Strix Scar 17 & was surprised I even have this issue when entering Build Buy Mode. 

Message 149 of 176 (1,098 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Still would love to play ECO but it sounds like too much hassle!  Such a pity and waste of money and I'm running it on an imac!  A mac was supposed to answer all my prayers.  It's made life worse! I can't even be a musician anymore let alone play a game!

Message 150 of 176 (1,083 Views)