Weird issue with certain plants?

by graceymanors

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Weird issue with certain plants?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Okay. so I noticed on certain lots and in certain worlds, some of the plants turn up funky colors.

Its only certain plants doing this.I really hope its not a dying graphics card.

https://pastebin.com/81gCTTW3

Extra info: It only is doing it to Island Paradise plants.

And when I move my entire folder out and do a clean folder, it fixes it.

I'm not sure what in my folder could be causing it.

I tried uninstalling the expansion packs that the plants came with and reinstalling.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the lots.

And I went and "repaired" the game files in origin and made the game recognize my graphics card.

I didn't want to post this thread on thesims3.com as I have a thread for a different issue, so I thought I'd ask you guys over here.

I have no other graphic issues at the moment.But worried about my card.

Screenshot-70.jpg

Screenshot-69.jpg

Message 1 of 27 (1,577 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Weird issue with certain plants?

@graceymanors  So, I missed the edit to your original question because I was typing a response.  (Dealing with HTML still takes some time for me.)  If a clean folder fixes the problem, then it's in all likelihood one of your mods.  I would start by removing any lighting mods you have and go from there.

Also, can you access the Nvidia Control Panel now?  It won't show up unless you have a graphics card driver installed, which is why you may not have been able to see it after the reset.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 15 of 27 (2,363 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@graceymanors  The first thing to do is to check your deviceconfig to make sure TS3 is using your 1050 ti, not the integrated chip.  But if it is using the Nvidia, and given the errors in your dxdiag, as well as the weirdness with the plants, it's a good idea to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your graphics card driver.  Here's how:

First, download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1750

You can download a fresh driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/147966/en-us

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe. Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract. If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window. Open the folder and then Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode. Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog. Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like:

DDU save.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again. For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting). Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU GPU.png

Choose GPU in the dropdown menu (step one), then Nvidia (step 2) if it's not already showing. Then click Clean and Restart (step 3).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode. Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver, the sound driver, and the PHYSX software. Reboot again and see whether the plants look any better.

If this doesn't help, let me know, and I'll explain how to get some more specific data on how your card is behaving.

(Also, thanks again @holger1405.)

Message 2 of 27 (1,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Is something wrong with my graphics card? Frown

I'm not very techy, I'm afraid I'm gonna break stuff lol.

I will try this.Last time I did something, my pin number wouldn't work, it required a password.

Message 3 of 27 (1,552 Views)

★★★ Guide

Like before locked out of laptop password don’t work I don’t use passwords just pins

Message 4 of 27 (1,539 Views)

★★★ Guide

what do I do

Message 5 of 27 (1,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This is why I didn’t want to do this I have no access now! This my work computer to anyone on that can help?

Message 6 of 27 (1,522 Views)

★★★ Guide

And because my comp is not connected resetting don’t work

Message 7 of 27 (1,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thank god my backup laptop works.But the fans on that one are old.I will have to take this comp in and see if someone can break into it

Message 8 of 27 (1,505 Views)

@graceymanors  I'm sorry this happened to you (again), but that's why I wrote that you'd need a password, and to not boot into safe mode unless you had it.  Not knowing yours is playing with fire; sooner or later, you'll find yourself in a situation where you need it.  However you get this resolved, you really do need to find your password.  A PIN is convenient but simply not enough.

For the record, I didn't think there was necessarily anything wrong with your graphics card.  The driver—the software that makes the card work—could also be corrupted, and a clean uninstall is the only way to be sure you've removed all traces of the driver before installing the new one.  There are ways to check your card's performance, no password required, but the last time I suggested it, you weren't interested in running the monitoring software.  So I thought this was the best place to start.

Message 9 of 27 (1,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yeah, I went and reset the password.I didn't realize being offline, my new password wouldn't work.

I need to create a new account honestly, because my Microsoft is always having issues with passwords.

I updated it now.

What was the monitoring software? Sounds like that might be easier.

Message 10 of 27 (1,483 Views)