Weird Lag and Crashing since Eco Download

by yoblack

Original Post

Weird Lag and Crashing since Eco Download

★★★★★ Apprentice

As stated in title, experiencing weird lag and crashing since downloaded the obviously POS expac.  Fix it EA.  So tired of this nonsense with a NON ONLINE game. 

Message 1 of 11 (959 Views)

Weird Lag and game freezing

★★★★★ Apprentice

Previous post was deleted.  Game keeps lagging and freezing since ECO download.  

Message 2 of 11 (942 Views)

Re: Weird Lag and game freezing

★★★★★ Apprentice
@yoblack The game is currently unplayable. I repaired it removed all customer content, etc. UNPLAYABLE. Please advise. Or provide instructions for refunds.
Message 3 of 11 (912 Views)

Re: Weird Lag and Crashing since Eco Download

[ Edited ]

@yoblack  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And let me know when the crashing happens.

Edit:  I've merged your new posts with your previous one, which was never deleted.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 11 (907 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Attached is the Dxdiag.  The crashing occurs within a few minutes of playing the game.  I have removed all custom content, repaired the game and the crashing, lag and freezing still happens.  

Thank you.

Message 5 of 11 (874 Views)

@yoblack  Please disconnect the Citrix Indirect Display Adapter, at least long enough to test.  It's known to not always work with Sims 4.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and play for a bit, as a comparison.  Let me know whether the game runs any better than before.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 11 (856 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I work from home and I believe I need that Citrix adapter, its been on my PC for years and Sims ran fine.  I do not see a User Data Folder in my Sims folder.  What I do see are a bunch of lastExceptions from the past few days since downloading the expac.  

Message 7 of 11 (818 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I even loaded an old game and had the same issues.  The SIMs freeze, I cant interact with objects and the game is UNPLAYABLE.  I appreciate your assistance but where is the EA Tech department?  Why arent they responding to these issues?

Message 8 of 11 (809 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I did this, and someone deleted my post as 'spam'
Message 9 of 11 (770 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Now my post is being ignored.  Just give me a refund then.  This is ridiculous.  

Message 10 of 11 (736 Views)