Re: Way to transfer Sims 4 Game????

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Way to transfer Sims 4 Game????

★★★ Newbie

I bought a new laptop and wanted to download the sims 4 on it but it does not have enough storage for it. Then i remembered i had the game on my desktop is there anyway to get the game on my laptop without using its storage ?

Message 1 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: Way to transfer Sims 4 Game????

@Jennisheenxoxo  In order for your laptop to run Sims 4, it has to have the game installed on a hard drive it can access.  What you could do is get an external drive or USB stick and install the game there, then plug it in whenever you wanted to play.  It would run slower than if it were stored on an internal drive, but it would still work.

However, if your laptop has a very small hard drive, its other hardware might be very weak for Sims 4 as well.  Most laptops with so little storage are built for internet use and office work, not gaming.  Before you go through the trouble of buying an external drive and installing the game, please make sure your laptop meets the minimum requirements.  If you're not sure how to figure that out, run a dxdiag and attach it to a post, and I'll take a look.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)