Original Post

Accepted Solution

Washer Bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs,Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day,Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, attempt to do laundry with all expansion/game/stuff packs listed?
What happens when the bug occurs? Option to use washer when clicking on clothing hamper is greyed out. Washer is available on lot in the very next room, dryer is functional and option to add laundry to dryer is available after washing laundry in tub.
What do you expect to see? Washer should be available to be used.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch, installed Laundry Day Stuff.

No additional info necessary  

Message 1 of 33 (41,232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Laundry Day - Washer Bug

★★ Novice

Apparently the washing machine needed to be moved, as once I switched to a stackable unit it was working just fine. I'm not sure why because it wasn't being blocked by the door or anything. Oh well, just glad I got it figured out!

View in thread

Message 7 of 33 (42,586 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you never get the option or only under certain circumstances ? Did you delete your cache files and repaired the game after removing your mods ? Did you try replacing the machine ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (41,200 Views)

★★ Novice
The option never shows, no. I've tried replacing the machine yes. I haven't had mods installed since the cat and dog patch but I will try repairing files and report back.
Message 3 of 33 (41,196 Views)

Hero

I didn't have any issues with this at all so I'm a bit puzzled why it doesn't work for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (41,190 Views)

★★ Novice
Clearing the cache and repairing the game hasn't made a difference. I double checked my mod folder and it's completely empty except for the source file. I'm really not sure what could be causing this. I think I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that fixes it. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!
Message 5 of 33 (41,180 Views)

Hero

Could you test a fresh game as well ? Different household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (41,173 Views)

★★ Novice

Apparently the washing machine needed to be moved, as once I switched to a stackable unit it was working just fine. I'm not sure why because it wasn't being blocked by the door or anything. Oh well, just glad I got it figured out!

Message 7 of 33 (42,587 Views)

Re: Washer Bug

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I play on an iMac but ...

I have a problem with the washing machine, too! And moving the machine did not fix the problem.

When clicking on the clothing hamper the option to use the washing machine is greyed out and it says: "Keine Waschmaschine verfügbar" (No washing machine available). When clicking on the washing machine directly it says: "Kann nicht verbessert werden, wenn sich Wäsche darin befindet." (Cannot be upgraded when there is laundry inside.) But as you can see in the screenshot there is no laundry inside the washing machine. The power button is still green though. Maybe that is the reason why the washing machine became buggy.

As I upgraded the washing machine two times I would like to keep and use it. I checked another washing machine in a different household as well: no problems there.

Message 8 of 33 (41,034 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@koba_sue

Can you maybe try resetting the washing machine. Enter the cheat testingcheats true. Then shift-click the washing machine and see if you can reset it! Standard smile

Message 9 of 33 (41,027 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you CMeki! It worked! I had to reset the "Rohrleitung" (pipes (?)). After I did that the green light went off and I could use the washing machine again!

Message 10 of 33 (41,021 Views)