Re: Want to transfer sims 3 to new laptop but don’t want the cc or mods

by darkdrea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Want to transfer sims 3 to new laptop but don’t want the cc or mods

★★★★ Novice

So i want to transfer my game to my new laptop because my old computer stopped working, but I don’t want the cc. I can play the sims 3 games on another computer through the origin app, right? but I don’t want any of the cc that was installed on my other computer because some were bad and It’s too much work to search though them to find the bad ones. The cc that I do know are bad won’t uninstall anyway. So I just want to know is that if I install the game on my new laptop that the cc won’t be installed? I want my sims 3 game to be cc and mod free on my new laptop.

Message 1 of 4 (763 Views)

Accepted Solution

@darkdrea  None of your third-party content is connected to your Origin account.  You install mods and cc into your game folder in Documents.  Mods and some cc come in .package files, which live in the Mods folder that you would have created.  Sims3pack files are placed in the Downloads folder, then installed through the launcher, and their contents wind up in large .dbc files in DCCache.  (If you download a sim, household, or lot, there will also be a corresponding file in SavedSims or Library.)  There are also leftover cc files in DCBackup, but they could be deleted even if you wanted to keep your cc.

In short, you can install TS3 on a new computer and even transfer over your old saves, and you won't need to bring over any cc if you don't want it.  Just transfer the save files you want and leave the rest, and you'll be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (788 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@darkdrea  As this game has to be installed just download the Origin installer - link - Origin installer  Download, install, open Origin, log in, install game. The disc version has outdated software and Origin is the current DRM for this game.

Message 2 of 4 (756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Are my mods or cc connected to origin though?  I don’t want any of my cc or mods from my other computer to be installed.

Message 3 of 4 (750 Views)

@darkdrea  None of your third-party content is connected to your Origin account.  You install mods and cc into your game folder in Documents.  Mods and some cc come in .package files, which live in the Mods folder that you would have created.  Sims3pack files are placed in the Downloads folder, then installed through the launcher, and their contents wind up in large .dbc files in DCCache.  (If you download a sim, household, or lot, there will also be a corresponding file in SavedSims or Library.)  There are also leftover cc files in DCBackup, but they could be deleted even if you wanted to keep your cc.

In short, you can install TS3 on a new computer and even transfer over your old saves, and you won't need to bring over any cc if you don't want it.  Just transfer the save files you want and leave the rest, and you'll be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (789 Views)