Re: Wand Stuck on Ground

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wand Stuck on Ground

★★★★ Pro

So, I put a wand on the ground because I wanted a closer look of it, but now I can't pick it up. It's in the Magic Realm, but not on the HQ lot, so I can't pick it up in build mode even with cheats, and it can't be picked up in live mode either. I can't even click on it and it doesn't get the line around as objects normally do when you hover over them. I've tried with several sims, from several households, but the wand can't be picked up. I've also tried with other wands and collectibles, I've put them on the ground in the Magic Realm, but those work fine to pick up.

This may not be a major problem, but it's still annoying.

My game is updated and I have repaired it.

StuckWand.png

Message 1 of 12 (749 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@SqueamishNerd Another helper had a suggestion that sounds worth trying. Since the wand is on the ground at the magic stall building, which is actually one large solid object, can you please try zooming in from the other side so that the building fades from view and see if this then makes the wand clickable - from this new angle?

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (584 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SqueamishNerd In build mode can you grab the item and drag it to inventory?

Please try this:  I never do this trick, so I had to confirm it with another helper... Please also try to reset the object: "press shift + left-click" on the object, then choose to reset (debug) object.

If resetting the object does not work, can you upload the room or lot to the gallery please so I can test it in my game? I could try several things, then try deleting and re-creating the floor or room, and re-upload if I am able to 'unstick' it.  And let you know what worked. Just call the room or lot something like 'stuck wand test'.  Please just let me know the exact name of the room or lot in the gallery, and what your gallery name is if it is different than yours is here in the forum. 

Thanks!

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA

Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button
XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

Message 2 of 12 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SheriGRLet me quote myself.

“It's in the Magic Realm, but not on the HQ lot, so I can't pick it up in build mode even with cheats”, with this I mean that it’s not on a lot, it’s out in the world outside of any lots. It’s in the Casters Alley, where build mode can’t be used.

Also, the wand can’t be clicked on at all, it’s like it doesn’t exist.

Message 3 of 12 (707 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SqueamishNerd Please try entering the Magic Realm hidden lot, and while on the lot and in that room please enter the cheat " bb.enablefreebuild " (no quotation marks) and then see it you are able to:

• in live mode: reset the object: "press shift + left-click" on the object, then choose to reset (debug) object... or...
  • open build mode and grab the wand then drag it to 'sell'

Message 4 of 12 (694 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SheriGR It doesn't work. Even with testingcheats true and bb.enablefreebuild I can't click on it, neither with nor without holding shift. It's like the wand doesn't exist. No line around it when I hover over it.

When it comes to going to the Casters Alley in build mode it's not possible. When in build mode you can't go away from the lot you're building on, not even around in the neighbourhood. Casters Alley isn't a lot.
Message 5 of 12 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SqueamishNerd You could you try saving your household(s) to the library, and your home lot(s) or anything you want to take with you (households & lots) and create a new game-save (select 'New Game' at the main menu). Then you can download and place your lot(s) and household(s) in the new game, and there should be a newly generated 'Realm of Magic' there (with no stuck wand).

Let us know if this works. Thanks!

Message 6 of 12 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SheriGRThis is my rotational play file, I have 330 played sims in it. xD

Message 7 of 12 (652 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SqueamishNerd I know you don't use mods but maybe you could make an exception. TwistedMexi has mods to delete object that are off lots.

I can't promise you that it works but you could give it a try. I know you said they were not selectable but maybe they will with the mods.

I don't have any issues placing and picking it up myself but objects do tend to get stuck sometimes without reason

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (621 Views)

Champion

@SqueamishNerd Another helper had a suggestion that sounds worth trying. Since the wand is on the ground at the magic stall building, which is actually one large solid object, can you please try zooming in from the other side so that the building fades from view and see if this then makes the wand clickable - from this new angle?

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Message 9 of 12 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SheriGRI was just about to try @crinricts tip when I saw your post, and your suggestion worked! Thank you!

Message 10 of 12 (564 Views)