Re: Walk through walls glitch

by crinrict

Original Post

Walk through walls glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Lately I've been noticing that my sims have developed the new skill of walking through walls. And apparently also kitchen cabinets.

Sims 4 Glitch.png

Message 1 of 11 (4,748 Views)

Hero
@Hallie22 Are you using moo to place stuff ? Does it happen in all houses or just a particular one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (4,699 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't use any mods. And I have noticed this in several houses. And the odd thing is. With the Goth bathroom, they always get stuck. They can't get out for some unknown reason. But than in the kitchen they walk through the wall and the kitchen cabinets.

Message 3 of 11 (4,679 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Hallie22 The goth house issue is this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Routing-Fails-on-Agave-Abode/td-p/8008615/

with Moo I mean the moveobjects on cheat, not a mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (4,674 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, I thought it was a spelling mistake. No I don't have moveobjects on. I do have testingcheats on.

Message 5 of 11 (4,656 Views)

Hero
@Hallie22 Are you only seeing it in small/overloaded houses or do they also do it if there's more than enough space ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (4,616 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It happens on every lot. I think this is a glitch that needs to be fixed in (hopefully) the next update. They really cut corners. Sometimes they just walk through the bathroom door than through the wall and kitchen cabinets, to get to the kitchen. Sometimes they walk through a wall when there isn't much walking space. Do you also have this glitch @crinrict ?

Message 7 of 11 (4,575 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this too, combined with more severe pathfinding issues. This started several weeks back for me; sims for some reason end up walking thru cabinets or tables or chairs.

Now, as I understand it the game has been doing this as an "emergency solution" if a Sim is truly stuck from the beginning 6 years ago; but now it does it 20 times a (sim) day.

I DO have MCCC installed.

I do NOT have MOO on, in fact I go so far to not download any houses that uses it because i know it causes issues.

Message 8 of 11 (4,561 Views)

Hero
@Hallie22 THis is one of these issues where it's hard to tell how to separate reports.

There's currently this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-walking-through-walls-and-objects/m-p/8814366 that's for tiny houses

There's there's also this one for vamps: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampire-run-thru-walls/m-p/8763446

So I really don't know what the best approach is and hence my questions.

There's been this master thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-stand-in-or-walk-through-solid-objects-Clippi... that I have archived cause they fixed one aspect of it but it makes it really hard what should be put together and what not.

I would suggest to make a new bug report. Upload some houses you see it in and put the names so QA can try duplicate the issues.

As said above, I don't know what the best approach is and some of it is probably by design as clipping has been an issue at day one as a trade of to more routing issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (4,538 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this glitch no matter where my sim goes and no matter how many times I start over or do a repair. According to the forum it was added for giggles

Message 10 of 11 (4,309 Views)