Re: WHY CAN'T I UNINSTALL THE SIMS 3???

by cattyunicorn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

WHY CAN'T I UNINSTALL THE SIMS 3???

★★★★★ Newbie

I am trying to play the Sims 3, but I am unable to reinstall it.  I need to uninstall the previous game I had, but it will not work.  My game was updated to version 1.50.54.  Every time I try to install the Sims 3 it says that I have to uninstall the update.  I've tried to go in and uninstall the game and it seems to work.  Every file from the Sims 3 and EA Games is gone, but the uninstall icon in the control panel stays and I can't install the game.  What is going on???  (I'm on a PC)

Message 1 of 9 (21,235 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Pro

Hi

Here's how you can manually uninstall The Sims 3.

There is a new patch available, after you install the game again, open the Launcher and go to Game Updates tab, click on Refresh, you'll get a message saying that there is a new update available, select Update Now. If you don't get the message or have issues updating, use the Super Patch.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (25,705 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Did you already try to click "Uninstall" in the control panel itself?

Sometimes icons stay in there untill you click Uninstall on them. Then it'll give a popup "this program is already uninstalled, do you want to remove it from the list?".

If that's not the case, can you perhaps try installing it on another partition if you have one.

Also are you able to provide a screenshot of what is happening exactly?

If the solution I provided above worked for you, then please click "Accept as solution" and maybe also click on the "XP" button next to it.
This can be important for people who have the same issue, so they know what the solution is.

Message 2 of 9 (21,216 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to uninstall from the control panel the whole time.

I've tried clicking uninstall, but it just goes through the unsinstall process like normal and the icon just stays there.  I've tried multiple times.

I don't know what a partition is and I don't know how to install on another partition.  I'm sorry.  I'm technologically challenged.  :/

Message 3 of 9 (21,203 Views)

★ Pro

Hi

Here's how you can manually uninstall The Sims 3.

There is a new patch available, after you install the game again, open the Launcher and go to Game Updates tab, click on Refresh, you'll get a message saying that there is a new update available, select Update Now. If you don't get the message or have issues updating, use the Super Patch.

Message 4 of 9 (25,706 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU!  IT WORKED!

Message 5 of 9 (21,185 Views)

★ Pro

Happy it helped Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (21,181 Views)

★★ Novice
It doesn’t work. Your “manual uninstalling” doesn’t work because I don’t even see the option uninstall.
Message 7 of 9 (17,675 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I sort have the same problem I click on sims 3 uninstaller and it pops up saying it’s gonna go through how to uninstall it and stuff but when it says click what u want to uninstall no sims games appear and I can’t uninstall it or any ep or sp games
Message 8 of 9 (15,448 Views)

@cattyunicornAre you trying to uninstall the game from a mac or PC?  The uninstaller on a mac is finicky and doesn't always list all (or any) of the packs you have.  Even if you can get it to work, manually uninstalling is probably the better option, as you'll be sure that every relevant file has been removed.

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

https://bluebellflora.com/manually-uninstalling-an-expansion-or-stuff-pack-in-the-sims-3-for-mac/

On a PC, the uninstall process will definitely not remove all traces of the game from your computer, so you'll need to clean the registry of all TS3-related items.  You can use a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (the free version works just fine) to do so.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:TS3_Uninstall

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (15,439 Views)