WHERE CAN I FIND MY GAME ORIGIN CLOUD?!

by roamiblu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

WHERE CAN I FIND MY GAME ORIGIN CLOUD?!

★ Apprentice

Hey Everyone!

I'm going mental over this!  I've been having problems when Microsoft updated their Windows 10 and just about WIPED OUT EVERYTHING!  At first, I thought I lost my Sims 4 game but found it!  An earlier version but one where I wouldn't have to start from scratch.  I saved it to my flash drive.  Now I am still trying to get my computer right because it's like the whole Windows 10 was corrupted AFTER the updates.  I saved a copy of the Media Creation to my flash drive and IT wiped out everything on my flash drive.  It said it needed at least 8gigs, the flash drive had 10.  So this time it actually DID wipe out my Sims 4.  Now knowing me, even following directions I can really mess things up, I did save a copy of the saved slots to my OneDrive, well, at least I thought I did.  IT'S NOT THERE!

I DID, however, had the Cloud Save on in Origin.  I don't see my Sims 4.  Could someone please tell me how to get my game?!  What is the point of having a Cloud if it doesn't save?!  

I need help, please!

Message 1 of 11 (6,239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: WHERE CAN I FIND MY GAME ORIGIN CLOUD?!

Champion (Retired)

@roamiblu

The Sims 4 does not have could save... But everything you saved in your library should still be there, like your households and any lots you saved. But I'm really sorry, your save files are not there, I don't know why they don't have it for The Sims 4.
I'm really sorry that upgrading to Windows 10 caused there problems for you :/

(Media Creation always wipes everything on the drive so that booting from the drive will work without major problems)

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (6,324 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@roamiblu

The Sims 4 does not have could save... But everything you saved in your library should still be there, like your households and any lots you saved. But I'm really sorry, your save files are not there, I don't know why they don't have it for The Sims 4.
I'm really sorry that upgrading to Windows 10 caused there problems for you :/

(Media Creation always wipes everything on the drive so that booting from the drive will work without major problems)

Message 2 of 11 (6,325 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CMeki wrote:

And it also warns that the USBdrive will be wiped.

Ever since creating bootable USBdrives was introduced in Windows 8 Media Creating Tool this has been the case.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 11 (6,213 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay.  Here's another question!  Since I did the Media Creation on my flash drive, not on my computer, IS there another place so to speak where I might be able to upload what I had already played?  OH MY GOSH DO I WANT TO SWEAR SO BADLY!  

Message 4 of 11 (6,202 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm going to ask you the same question.  Could it be saved somewhere else on my computer that I haven't thought of checking?  I can't redo this AGAIN!  I'm losing my face over this!

Message 5 of 11 (6,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@roamiblu

Well, if you still have access to your folders, you could always zip them and upload them to a cloud storage, or email them to yourself Standard smile

I would keep the saves-folder, and also the tray-folder, just to be safe!
They're both found in documents\electronic arts\the sims 4 normally.

Edit: only read your first post might have misunderstood. Well, you can always check onedrive and such if you sync things to that, or google drive or dropbox. But otherwise I'd say you're out of luck (not that you had any earlier...) if you don't have the folders i mentioned just above Frown

Message 6 of 11 (6,193 Views)

★ Apprentice

sorry to keep bothering you but before i am forced to accept my fate is there any way that I MIGHT be able to pull from here.  I had a screenshot of a possible location of a Sims saved file.  If so would you be able to tell me how to retrieve it?

Message 7 of 11 (6,191 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The saves folder in the screen shot is the saves folder for The Sims 4 as can be seen by the path.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 11 (6,162 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@roamiblu

lol it's fine XD

Skärmklipp.PNG

THIS!
This is the folder you need!

So if you go to Documents, you should be able to find the Electronic Arts folder and then the The Sims 4 folder. Inside that, there is one folder called saves, the one above, and another one called tray.

At least you have some saves from 15th of December there, so I guess there might still be hope?

Right-click the folders and choose send, and then something like zipped folder, or compressed folder. Should look like this but my computer is in Swedish.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Then you can email the compressed folder Standard smile

--------------------------

Sorry for the late answer my browser didn't comply with me!
Hope you got what you needed from my PM though! Standard smile
If you need more help, please post here instead of replying there so that others can get help from this post too!

(I also answered your other post with your other questions)

Message 9 of 11 (6,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I played this game for years lost every thing now have to start from scratch 

New neighbours the lot. Tracie Grinch 

Message 10 of 11 (5,316 Views)