Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

WHEN is the Sims 3 64 bit coming?

by ThanksTacoo

Original Post

Highlighted

WHEN is the Sims 3 64 bit coming?

★ Novice

Is there a update? I know it's coming early 2020, but is there already a estimated month/day when it is coming? Thanks xx

Message 1 of 3 (179 Views)
Highlighted

Re: WHEN is the Sims 3 64 bit coming?

@ThanksTacoo There has been some talk about a 64 bit Sims 3. My guess is mac IOS (which is based on BSD Unix) is talking about dropping support for 32 bit applications as have many Linux distributions hinted. So have I have only heard of the server versions going 64 bit only. While Windows has WoW64 (Windows on Windows) which enables 32 bit applications to run under Windows. A good guess is that what is happening in the world today is going to affect any current plans that may be in progress. My guess is if 32 bit processing is dropped from mac you may see a 64 bit version of this game as The Sims 3 is still popular and EA most likely wants to continue marketing this game. When and if you may see it is anyone's guess.

I do not work for EA or associated with EA other then helping other users in the forums.
Message 2 of 3 (145 Views)
Highlighted

Re: WHEN is the Sims 3 64 bit coming?

@ThanksTacoo

If you're referring to the 64-bit Mac version that EA announced in early 2020 then it looks like we may have to wait a little longer, no word yet on a release date Frown Are you already running 10.15 Catalina? If so, and you're not on a Mac that shipped with Catalina, you could install 10.14 Mojave onto an external drive and boot into it to play Sims 3 as Mojave still supports 32-bit apps.

If you're on a PC then I'm afraid EA haven't announced a 64-bit version for Windows.

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)
Twitter Stream