Re: WHEN is the Sims 3 64 bit coming?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

WHEN is the Sims 3 64 bit coming?

★★★★★ Novice

Is there a update? I know it's coming early 2020, but is there already a estimated month/day when it is coming? Thanks xx

Message 1 of 8 (1,441 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ThanksTacoo There has been some talk about a 64 bit Sims 3. My guess is mac IOS (which is based on BSD Unix) is talking about dropping support for 32 bit applications as have many Linux distributions hinted. So have I have only heard of the server versions going 64 bit only. While Windows has WoW64 (Windows on Windows) which enables 32 bit applications to run under Windows. A good guess is that what is happening in the world today is going to affect any current plans that may be in progress. My guess is if 32 bit processing is dropped from mac you may see a 64 bit version of this game as The Sims 3 is still popular and EA most likely wants to continue marketing this game. When and if you may see it is anyone's guess.

Message 2 of 8 (1,400 Views)

@ThanksTacoo

If you're referring to the 64-bit Mac version that EA announced in early 2020 then it looks like we may have to wait a little longer, no word yet on a release date Frown Are you already running 10.15 Catalina? If so, and you're not on a Mac that shipped with Catalina, you could install 10.14 Mojave onto an external drive and boot into it to play Sims 3 as Mojave still supports 32-bit apps.

If you're on a PC then I'm afraid EA haven't announced a 64-bit version for Windows.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 8 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hear the sims 3 64 bit/metal version (aka the one that is compatible for Mac) is coming out October second.

Message 4 of 8 (838 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Hoopertheunicorn 

Where did you heard that?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 8 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I googled when it is coming out and it came up in an article on Wikipedia. It probably isn’t true but that’s just what I read. @holger1405 

Message 6 of 8 (798 Views)

@Hoopertheunicorn 

Are you referring to this?

On October 2, 2019, EA announced that they would release an updated 64-bit version of the game, titled The Sims 3 (64-Bit & Metal), with compatibility for macOS Catalina, and that users who register the game on Origin would get the new version for free.

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 8 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraYes I am. I didn’t read the year at first and I was confused. I thought it was saying 64 bit was coming out oct 2 2020. My bad.

Message 8 of 8 (789 Views)