by thegrape2005

Original Post

WASD movement keys stop working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. My W key zooms in ??? My d Key works, My a Does nothing and my s works by moving backward. I just installed sims 4 seasons. I learned to play this game by using the w, a,s,d key so it is difficult to use the arrows please help it is frustrating to play my game pack when this is happening.
How is this making it more difficult? I cant move around my view
How can we reproduce this experience? Tell me how I can fix it

My W, A, S, D keys aren't working the way they are supposed too.My W key zooms in ??? My d Key works, My a Does nothing and my s works by moving backward. I just installed sims 4 seasons. I learned to play this game by using the w, a,s,d key so it is difficult to use the arrows please help it is frustrating to play my game pack when this is happening.

Message 1 of 5 (18,861 Views)

Re: WASD movement keys stop working

@thegrape2005

I moved your post to the Sins 4 board.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (18,844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@thegrape2005

Is this just an issue with Sims 4? Meaning do you have problems with other games or programs?

If it's just Sims 4, try these tips:

1. Quit fully out of game, and restart the game. Or Quit out of game and restart the computer to refresh it. -- This helps with the Number Keypad Hotkey not working issue.

2. Deactivate Origin in Game -- Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game tab and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

3. Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted. If you'd like you can copy the Sims 4 folder to a USB key.

4. If you have mods or custom content installed, move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete the game cache and the localthumbcache.package from inside the Sims 4 folder and launching the game and play a new save to test.

-- Even if you don't play with mods or custom content installed, it's a good idea to delete th game cache and the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Message 3 of 5 (18,826 Views)

★★ Novice

Couple years late but maybe people still come up with the issue. 

Simple as that: While building you might've used the Shift+Alt Key at the same time to move objects and multiply them. This also changes your Keyboard Layout Settings(Language and Country Keyboard Layout)

Solution: Either you press Shift+Alt to get the selective window and choose your original keyboard layout that you set on windows

OR: you go to your bottom right screen, flip open your taskbar if it's hidden, go to the selective window which should state your current language/layout as seen in mine as "ENG"
Change it here back to your ORIGINAL SETTING IN WINDOWS(Default Language/Layout)

and there you go. You can now again move with WASD

Message 4 of 5 (15,970 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone. 

Since this is a rather old thread that hasn't been updated in a couple years I went ahead and locked it to prevent further necroposting. 

If you need some help with this, and the steps above aren't helping please create a new thread. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (15,946 Views)