Re: [WA BUG] Sims not arriving at Travel Destination

by crinrict

Original Post

[WA BUG] Sims not arriving at Travel Destination

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is a common problem. It is in fact a symptom of an error. When the game loads your family, it runs into a problem and then can't load it correctly into the game.

There are many causes for this.

For clarification:

1. How many SIms did you send on vacation ?

2. Does it happen in all vacation town or only some of them ?

3. What age are the Sims your sending ?

4. Is it reproducible, meaning, if you load a backup, does it happen every time ?

Here's a few solutions you can try:

If the Sims in your household that you plan to send out to travel don't know each other, that can lead to issues. Make sure you introduce them to each other before going on vacation.

If you can reproduce the error every time you try after loading a backup, try switching active families, save the game, then switch back and go traveling again (Credit to davebignell)

Before going traveling, make sure to empty out any items from your family inventory, especially gifts you have received (Celebrity and otherwise). (Credit to DarkAmaranth1966)

Solution von QueenBeewannabeein the official US forum
  1. Make a copy of your savegame folder
  2. Go to town edit mode
  3. Click on any random family in town and select them as your active household.
  4. Your active family should now be playable. If you look on the vacation tab that lets you know how much time is left at your destination that means you are good to go at the next step
  5. Click on phone, computer etc and "go home"
  6. Once you arrive home, your original sim family (the one that dissapeared) should be back in place.
  7. Your random sim family from vacation are also now added as members to the family.
  8. Simply kick out additional sim family and you will now have your original family safe and intact.

Solution by zerobandwidth in the official US forum (others have posted similar issues and a big thank you goes to Jaghar7, who research a lot on this issue)
  1. Make a copy of your savegame folder
  2. In the COPY directory delete the .nhd file(s) corresponding to the area(s) where you're experiencing problems.
  3. Start Sims 3 and open your COPY save.
  4. Choose one member of your household to travel to the location.
  5. Wait for the travel operation to crash Sims 3, taking you back to the desktop.
  6. Start Sims 3 again, and open your COPY save again.
  7. As a test, send one person to the troubled location again.
    EXPECT: At this point, the travel process will succeed, and your one sim will land in the remote location, and your Sims 3 dashboard will be intact. The game has recreated the location's neighborhood data. The location is now playable again, but...
    THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR PROGRESS: Any edits you've made to the area are now gone, and (this needs verification) all dungeon areas have been reset. After all, you just deleted the neighborhood. All adventure progress is saved with the Sim, so that won't be lost.
  8. Bring your test sim back home.
  9. If your test sim makes it home, and there are no other observed errors, SAVE YOUR GAME, preferably with another new name.
    EXPECT: The new save directory will have a newly-created .nhd file for the location that you tested.
  10. Rinse and repeat for additional locations if desired.

------------------------------------

Did this FAQ help you with your issue ? If so, please consider pressing the XP button

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 9 (64,611 Views)

Hero

I don't have any other solutions (except using a mod) for the WA bugs. If the solutions all don't work for you, I really don't know what else you could try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (60,109 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not sure I completely understand the steps for the second solution?

And how does the mod work? Has it actually fixed anyone's game? Also, what are the risks with the mod? I've never downloaded a mod before, so I'm very anxious about downloading one....

Honestly, I'm completely surprised this happened. Traveling has never been a problem until very suddenly. Nothing is different...the Sims are exactly the same.... Very, very weird.

Message 3 of 9 (59,933 Views)

Hero

Which one do you mean ? The solutions provided here do not involve a mod (cause we aren't allowed to talk about them here). I have mods solutions in my blog and yes, Traveler has worked for many.

If you want to go down that road, you'll need to go ask at the creators page though cause as I said, EA doesn't allow us to talk about mods here cause they are not supported by them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (59,824 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, to be honest, the solutions described here are a little confusing; I'm not very computer savvy. :catsad:

I will try the mod and hope it works.... Will post details if it does, if I'm allowed to. I understand EA doesn't support mods and don't want to get anyone in trouble (myself included).

Message 5 of 9 (59,822 Views)

Hero

If you want to use the mod, just post at the creators page if you need help. No need to come back here, I don't know how EA would approve Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (59,818 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried all of the solutions listed on this page to no avail. I go to travel and no sims show up at the destination or in the panel.

The bug is affecting my main family only. I can switch households and travel just fine. If I save and switch back, the problem is still there. The other expansion packs installed are: Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, and University. I started the game with one main character and travelled to Egypt. Also sent that character to college and later got married. Didn't try travel since the first trip to Egypt. Now, when I want to travel, all destinations refuse to work. I have no .nhd files for China or France, only Egypt. Same bug for each location. Again, other households travel just fine and older unrelated save games travel fine as well; just not my main family of my current game!

Message 7 of 9 (59,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I saw somewhere that people tried moving their sims to another neighborhood to fix travel issues. I tried that on mine and my household will not save to the library. Could that be related to my issue?

Message 8 of 9 (59,807 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Yes, sounds like the family as such is corrupt

You might find some solutions going through this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Corruption/m-p/968290/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (59,803 Views)