Re: Video card problem?

by crinrict

Original Post

Video card problem?

★★★★ Novice

Help!

I was playing Sims 4 with absolutely no problems, closed the game and went on again later that day to find a weird screen tear/glitch. 

I've tried all sorts of solutions but none have worked and I'm losing my mind!

I've attached a picture of the screen tearing, it gets worse when I actually load up a save and start playing.

Any help appreciated!

Message 1 of 9 (394 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@INeecex Please post your computers dxdiag - link to how to post dxdiag - how to post dxdiag Thank you

Message 2 of 9 (379 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Has this worked alright?

Message 3 of 9 (361 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @INeecex,

Did you update your game, your computer, or your video card drivers that day? Any change to the computer or the game that you can remember?

-Mai

Message 4 of 9 (331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Hey, none at all. I literally closed it, opened sims 3 and played that for maybe 15 minutes, ,closed sims 3 and opened sims 4 again. It also does this on Sims 3 and some other games on my laptop.

I've seen it mentioned somewhere that it's an overheating problem so I've made sure to place my laptop on a hard, flat service.

Thanks Standard smile
Message 5 of 9 (321 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Better image of what happens.

Message 6 of 9 (290 Views)

Hero

Looks like a hardware issue. Especially if it also happens on other game.

Have you run a hardware check on your graphics card ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How do I go about doing one of those? And I'm guessing it's a serious and expensive problem :/ ?

Message 8 of 9 (273 Views)

Hero

There's usually some kind of program by your manufacture on your computer you can run

Check your manual

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (267 Views)