Re: Video Card not Recognized

by Lizbliz892

Original Post

Video Card not Recognized

★★★ Apprentice

I've been playing sims since the release date with no issues but after the 01/07/2016 patch my game became incredibly laggy and slow.

I deleted all mods, all downloads from the gallery, and then proceeded to reset the entire game.

When I did this and booted the game a prompt came up saying that my video card was not recognized.

Attached are my specs...

Anyone have any information on how I can fix this issue and make the game run smoothly as it had been before?

Message 1 of 10 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Lizbliz892

Try deactivating Origin In Game: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/deactivate-origin-in-game/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (494 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have deactivated Origin in game.

Ran the game as admin.

Set up a new admin account and tried to run the game.

Downloaded CCleaner to clean up my computer.

And uninstalled/reinstalled the game.

As mentioned, I haven't had a single performance issue until after this last patch.

I'm not sure if this could be a 64-bit issue or something, but the game is completely unplayable now after running perfect on Ultra settings.

Message 3 of 10 (483 Views)

Hero

Sounds like the game might run on your chip instead of your AMD card.

I don't really know how to make sure that it runs on the card for AMD but you'll need to add the ts4_64.exe to make sure the 64 bit version uses the card too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (470 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I figured out how to add the Sims4.exe file to my AMD graphics card.

However, now there's the Sims4.exe and Sims464.exe (something along those lines)

I added both to my list and changed the settings to maximum performance.

The game still continues to lag and freeze, on medium settings, but only in live mode.

Create a sim and world management runs perfectly, but not live mode any longer.

I looked up the compilation of graphics cards that the game can run on and mine is on the list for pretty good performance.

I still can't quite figure out what changed and how to get the game to run like it used to.

Message 5 of 10 (464 Views)

Hero

What settings are you playing on right now ? Did you try play around with those ?

Also, can you try a fresh save for testing purposes to see if it's save game related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (455 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have played on High, Med, and Low.

I'm not sure what you mean by a fresh save.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled. Deleted all save files, started a new game. Several times.

Message 7 of 10 (445 Views)

Hero

did you get rid of your complete user folder or just the saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I got rid of the complete Sims 4 folder altogether

Message 9 of 10 (422 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I checked around and there seems to be no how to for that laptop. Have you opened the device driver to see if there is a way to change it there? The switching of the graphics devices is done by the device driver. Your going to have to go to the Toshiba website and see if there are Windows 10 drivers for that model. I can not find how to set the switchable graphics in the laptop so I'm guessing it most be something obvious in the device driver. Right click on the desktop in an open area and see if you can open some video control panel. You may have to update the video driver from Toshiba support.

Message 10 of 10 (410 Views)