by reallylongname11

Original Post

Vets do not show up to Clinic

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, bowling, spooky stuff, and the free stuff. No mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire vets and then open the vet clinic or play as another family and take your pet to the vet.
What happens when the bug occurs? No vet employees show up. I have no way to treat a sick dog because the machine is also out of wellness treats and the vets just do not show up. I have not hired new vets recently; they are the vets I have been using.
What do you expect to see? I expect there to be vets when I show up to the clinic as a patient, and for them to show up when running the clinic.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent Seasons patch that I just installed a day or 2 ago.

Message 1 of 9 (6,157 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Vets do not show up to Clinic

Hero
Mine have been working fine but I only tested one day so far.

Did you try firing them and getting new ones ? Did you check if they're standing around somewhere and can't get in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (6,136 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't want to fire them and lose all that skill... I think it might be because they're part of played households. That patch update was really stupid. I hate that we can't choose any vet we want and now it's even more difficult. 

Message 3 of 9 (6,124 Views)

Hero
Could you please try for testing purposes anyways ? You can do so on a copy of the game or not save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (6,114 Views)

Hero

Hi @reallylongname11

just tested this on my save and it's working fine.

Did you check if they spawn outside and can't get inside for some reason ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (6,104 Views)

Hero

Tagging @reallylongname11 for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (6,076 Views)

Re: Vets do not show up to Clinic

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (6,058 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! I had same issue. I just went into the households and marked them as unplayed. (I hired my sims, added them all into houses, upped their skills to max and upped their vet levels) once marked as unplayed, went back to vets, opened up and they all showed again. Hope helps!

Message 8 of 9 (2,634 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @LilSimmer22,

Thanks for sharing what's worked for you. Hopefully it'll help others too. Closing thread to help limit necroposting.

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (2,593 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help