by justbugreportin

Original Post

Vet doesn't show up in clinics when I take my sick dog ther

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim take a pet to the vet clinic, register, and wait for the vet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vet does not show up, or if he does he leaves soon after and doesn't check my pets. Leaving me waiting for hours to see if he would check my pets.
What do you expect to see? The Vet to check my pets and treat them if necessary.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after Seasons was installed.

As stated above. I have checked my mods, none of them are the cause for it.

Message 1 of 13 (2,340 Views)

Re: [CD] Vet doesn't show up in clinics when I take my sick dog there

Hero

HI @JenJenii

are you using a custom made vet clinic or the standard one ?

What do you mean by you checked your mods ? Did you try without any installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,325 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I tried both the standard one and a custom one, both of them didn't work.

Yes, I tried opening the game without mods and doing it without mods, it didn't work. All of this started when I installed Seasons, the vet clinic worked well before that.

Message 3 of 13 (2,303 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,295 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just buy a vet clinic and assign some sims.

Message 5 of 13 (2,265 Views)

Re: Vet doesn't show up in clinics when I take my sick dog ther

Hero

Hi @JenJenii

I tested your save and the issue here is the amount of Sims you have in your household.

Seems you've been using MCCC to up the maximum of Sims you can have. Problem is, if you don't go to CAS, those are not removed from the household when you load the game without the mod.

As soon as I shrank the household back to 8, I had no issues with vets showing up. 

As you have a mod created situation in your game, I'm moving this to tech but I'm unsure how the game reacts to that many Sims in one household.

Do you have other lots that down spawn NPCs when they should ? Maybe you also need to up the number of Sims a lot can have in MCCC to make it work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (2,253 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict But I don't understand why the household size is the problem, since when I go to the clinic I only take one sim and one pet. And the vet clinic worked well with the family size before Seasons was installed.

All of the other NPC's spawn when they should, so the only issue I seem to be having is with the clinic.

Message 7 of 13 (2,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @JenJenii

I understand what you mean and I don't know. It's still a mod issue though

What happens if you increase the number of Sims allowed on the lot (you can also do that through MCCC)

Did you have the same amount of Sims in that household before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict The number of sims allowed on a lot are at 20 sims, when I went to the vet there were 4 sims on the lot.

Yes, I did have the same amount of sims in my household. =/

Message 9 of 13 (2,232 Views)

Hero

What happens if you set the number of Sims per lot to 30 or 40 ? (just for testing)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (2,229 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help