Vet Career - Animals Wander

by Unknownaaron

Original Post

Vet Career - Animals Wander

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure how to reproduce but it happens when working at the Vet Clinic.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I purchased the lot "Brindleton Pawspital" in Brindleton Bay within the Cats & Dogs pack to become a vet, all works fine except sometimes pets don't follow their owner into the building. At which point when I greet the owner I go stand at the examination bench. Eventually I chase after the pet and so does the owner but the pet refuses to do anything, just wanders. This is frustrating as it happens to my employees too and it also wastes valuable time and lowers your needs. You lose stars and money. I tried restarting the game but the pets still wander. I had to dismiss some patients because they got stuck.. It's inconvenient and tiresome. I spent all my money to try the vet career for the first time and this isn't a very pleasant start. Frown EXTRA INFO: I have a lot of mods activated but none only clothing, hair, accessories, and some animations mods. Nothing to conflict with the Vet Career. All mods I have installed can be used in the base game. To be absolutely clear I did disable and try but the pets were still wandering. I cannot progress via the career like this.
What do you expect to see? I don't know what to expect to see, I just want the bug looked into or fixed. Any support would be appreciated. I tried Googling the issue but no-one has posted relating this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 8 (475 Views)

Re: Vet Career - Animals Wander

Hero

Hi @Unknownaaron

could you try this on a fresh save for testing purposes that never saw any mods ?

Best is to rename your user folder, then let the game create a new one and test on that. If that works, put your saves back and see if it's any better.

If yes, you can start putting the rest of your files back (try after every step)

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Could you also try repairing your game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (457 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your instructions. Could you please be a bit more specific?

Message 3 of 8 (444 Views)

Hero

Full instructions can be found here

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

If you have issues understanding them, please tell me which part is unclear for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (427 Views)

Hero

Hi @Unknownaaron

did you have any luck trying above ? If not, could you tell me which steps you're having issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (403 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't looked into it yet.. My friend and I recently bought the remaining DLC and I've been stuck being an Actress and experimenting with Seasons. I honestly forgot about this until I checked my Email. I'll update as soon as I look into it since I'll likely create a new save anyways. See if that fixes anything.

Thanks again!

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @Unknownaaron

did you have any luck trying above ? If not, could you tell me which steps you're having issues with ?

Message 6 of 8 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please let me know if it also happens on a new game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (375 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (339 Views)