Re: Venues and worlds are unavailable to download from Sims 3 store?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Venues and worlds are unavailable to download from Sims 3 store?

★★★ Newbie

I've recently re-downloaded purchased worlds and venues from the sims 3 store but am having trouble. I even purchased sim points and bought a new venue but that is also not working is any one else having the same problems? It feels like I went to faulty vending machine that ate my money and didn't give me my purchase...

Message 1 of 4 (378 Views)

@jaszy86  I've had no trouble downloading store stuff recently.  Which browser are you using?  Firefox and Internet Explorer tend to work better than others.  If neither of those browsers work, please let me know exactly what happens when you try to download or install your content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

unfortunately I did try foxfire as well and the following error message pops up; "There was an error while downloading content. Please see log for more details." I appreciate your help! 

Message 3 of 4 (346 Views)
Highlighted

@jaszy86  Try downloading the content into a clean Sims 3 folder, just as an experiment.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and open the launcher to create a clean folder.  Download one venue or world, install it, and see whether it works.  Let me know either way.

If it doesn't work, clear the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

And use another clean folder after clearing IE's cache.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (340 Views)