Re: Vanishing babies

by aidans1985

Original Post

Vanishing babies

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? GP04:1.assets.ml-gp04.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EVERYTHING except: bowling stuff, luxury stuff, moschino stuff, my first pet stuff, spooky stuff and vintage stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sims have a baby?
What happens when the bug occurs? Umm, so 2 babies from 2 households just randomly dissapeared... no more icons, no longer listed in relation to their parents, etc.... just gone. They are not in the household inventories either. Is there something that is known to cause this issue? Before these babies, I have had 2 successful births in game where the babies remained and are now toddlers.... has this happened to anyone before? Both babies lived a few minutes (a couple of sim hours) before randomly dissapearing. The second one dissapeared after her mom married her potential father and he moved in. When the household reloaded with the new husband, there was no more baby. Also, both babies may have been concieved around the same time (same day) by the same guy, but with 2 women living on different lots. Could it be the dad that is glitchy? Anyone else have this happen? Vanishing babies?
What do you expect to see? Babies shouldn't completely vanish
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Umm, so 2 babies from 2 households just randomly dissapeared... no more icons, no longer listed in relation to their parents, etc.... just gone. They are not in the household inventories either.  Is there something that is known to cause this issue? Before these babies, I have had 2 successful births in game where the babies remained and are now toddlers.... has this happened to anyone before? Both babies lived a few minutes (a couple of sim hours) before randomly dissapearing. The second one dissapeared after her mom married her potential father and he moved in. When the household reloaded with the new husband, there was no more baby.  Also,  both babies may have been concieved around the same time (same day) by the same guy, but with 2 women living on different lots.  Could it be the dad that is glitchy?  

Anyone else have this happen? Vanishing babies? 

Message 1 of 4 (222 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MashrdPotatoes Were they both neglected? Or do you mean *POOF* in a different way as in when the household was loaded they were gone? 😦
Message 2 of 4 (214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think they were neglected... I saw no social worker come, and the parents don't have any negative emotions from a child being taken. They just seem to have vanished.... I hadn't even left either lot before noticing. It was mid game play. 

Message 3 of 4 (209 Views)

Hero
@MashrdPotatoes Moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Do you maybe have a backup ? Does it happen again if you remove your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)