Original Post

Accepted Solution

Vampire sims won’t autonomously drink bought plasma packs from inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Digital Deluxe, Seasons, City Living, Vampires, Dine Out, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Backyard, Holiday Celebration, Kids Room.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There are no steps they just won’t drink automatically from inventory or from anywhere outside of it. They will continue to starve until I manually do it. And I play with full autonomy on.
What happens when the bug occurs? They won’t drink.
What do you expect to see? My partner has the sims also and her sims drink from the floor and inventory. I have also had sims on xbox and they did that automatically. But pc is broken for me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is very frustrating as I have to continually micro manage my vampire sims when I know that this shouldn’t be the case. They are supposed to drink from inventory when plasma packs are bought. I understand they do not drink made ones or plasma fruits but I know bought ones they do. As I have previously mentioned my partner has the game and does not have this issue. I am starting to believe my game maybe missing some kind of code. And slo to my frustration it feel like I am the only one having this specific issue.

Message 1 of 13 (4,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Vampire sims won’t autonomously drink bought plasma packs from inventory

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict You won’t believe what it was...... This thread needs to stay up for anyone poor soul that suffers with this issue like me in the future. Right! I have a ASUS ROG STRIX laptop and theres a software that comes with it called “Sonic Studio” well I had my partner just log in on my laptop and download her own game of sims to test if the vampires would auto solve their thirst. Well guess what they wouldn’t. So it got me thinking recently I played Borderlands 2 on my PC and an issue with the audio not playing whilst in game. So I did a little bit a research and turned out to be this “Sonic Studio” you have to turn it off in order for the audio to work. Like a bug with the software. Anyway I told my partner to test that theory and see if it made a difference to the vampires drinking automatically. And to my surprise it actually worked! She turned off the “Sonic Studio” and my vampire sims finally drink!!! The software must be interfering with different games in mysterious ways haha! But thank you so much for your help and guidance on this issue it gave me more determination to find the source of my woe. :D

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (4,320 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@JCDARKH0RSE I tested this on my save and I also have no issues with it.

Could you try repairing your game through origin and deleting your localthumbcache file in documents ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for reply. I have reinstalled the game twice and repaired 3 times with each installation and it still will not rectify the problem. I think it is strange that it is doing this. I understand people have issues with the fridge etc but that doesn’t bother me its just the basic inventory problem. I have yet to try deleting the localthumbcache in documents so I will attempt that. But my concern with that is if I have already removed the game twice and both times deleted all EA files in documents to start a fresh will it continue. I will get back to you once I have attempted this. Again thank you.

Message 3 of 13 (4,357 Views)

Hero
@JCDARKH0RSE So you tried different saves and it was the same on all of them ? Did you just try a premade family to ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (4,352 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

All of it. Just does not make any sense. I even tried to match the options my partner had to see if something had glitched but no luck at all. They all refuse to eat on their own. I actually deleted all my saved sims to see if they were to blame and nothing every vampire I make refuses to budge. I asked my partner to try auto resolve and hers just happily picked up a pack and ate. I tried it on mine and nothing no response just sat or stood there blank. Soulless haha! Got to laugh about it but it is annoying to say the least.

Message 5 of 13 (4,348 Views)

Hero
@JCDARKH0RSE Do you have any other autonomy issues ? Do normal Sims eat when you tell them to ?

Did your partner try one of your saves on their machine ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (4,346 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No she didn't try my saves on her machine. She only used hers to test and she tested both old creations and new. Could it be possible that a file has not been downloaded to my computer? And if that is the case would it be possible if I found said file and transferred to my own would it work and register correctly?
Message 7 of 13 (4,336 Views)

Hero
@JCDARKH0RSE No. That's not the issue. If you reinstalled and repaired then you have everything you need. Don't know why its happening but if you also got rid of your user files it's really odd.

What about my other questions?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (4,331 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Sorry yes the normal sims will do full autonomy with no problems at all. I have had some issues were items would get stuck in inventory but I can’t see that being the cause of it.
Message 9 of 13 (4,326 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict You won’t believe what it was...... This thread needs to stay up for anyone poor soul that suffers with this issue like me in the future. Right! I have a ASUS ROG STRIX laptop and theres a software that comes with it called “Sonic Studio” well I had my partner just log in on my laptop and download her own game of sims to test if the vampires would auto solve their thirst. Well guess what they wouldn’t. So it got me thinking recently I played Borderlands 2 on my PC and an issue with the audio not playing whilst in game. So I did a little bit a research and turned out to be this “Sonic Studio” you have to turn it off in order for the audio to work. Like a bug with the software. Anyway I told my partner to test that theory and see if it made a difference to the vampires drinking automatically. And to my surprise it actually worked! She turned off the “Sonic Studio” and my vampire sims finally drink!!! The software must be interfering with different games in mysterious ways haha! But thank you so much for your help and guidance on this issue it gave me more determination to find the source of my woe. :D
Message 10 of 13 (4,321 Views)