Vampire being resisted

by willparkinson

Original Post

Vampire being resisted

★★★ Apprentice

After the patch today, my master vampire is being resisted when he tries to compel a person to part with a bit of their plasma. It's happened three times in a row. No clue why.

Message 1 of 3 (2,502 Views)

Re: Vampire being resisted

★★★★★ Guide

Three times isn't very much; to me it might just be a run of bad luck.

That said, to make sure you have the best opportunity to actually "compel for a small drink" ensure the following:

- The Sim you are attempting to compel has low Needs, or is under a negative Emotion. (Dazed is the best emotion, which you can also cause on Sims with the Mesmerize ability.)

- You are not trying to compel them during the day. (Being a Day Walker is nice, but if you happen to have weaknesses like Day Phobia, or low needs or a negative Emotion yourself, this can result in your vampire powers failing.)

- Make sure other Sims aren't under the effects of Vampire Resistance. (A drink served at the bar.)

Any Positive Emotion is good for a Vampire to make sure their powers work more effectively.

- B

Message 2 of 3 (2,486 Views)

Re: Vampire being resisted

★★★ Apprentice

That would be okay, if I had anyone prior to this resist. It only started today, and three in a row seems a little extreme. (But I could very well be wrong. Not like it hasn't happened before.)

Thank you for answering. Standard smile 

Message 3 of 3 (2,479 Views)