Vampire Sim Continually Dies From Sun Exposure After Resurrection.

by CruelSpider7

Original Post

Vampire Sim Continually Dies From Sun Exposure After Resurrection.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Work, Parenthood, Deluxe Upgrade, Life of the Party, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Vampire Sim invite the player out to a community lot during the day. Then, as always, the NPC sim dies instantly due to the Sun. Plead with Death and bring them back, or revive them with the Book of Life or Ambrosia. Then witness them burn to death moments later.
What happens when the bug occurs? A Vampire Sim who as died by overexposure to Sunlight will continue to die even after being brought back to life (i.e. the Book of Life or Ambrosia) or after Death is convinced to revive them.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to properly revive and stay around.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So to reiterate from above, I was playing the Sims: Vampire expansion's specific content. Made a Vampire in the new town, interacted with other characters, etc. Befriended Lilith Vatore, who invited my Sim to hangout at some community lot in another town. Immediately upon arrival, she burst into flames and proceeded to die. Take her Urn marker back to home lot and proceed to make Ambrosia. Get spirit to appear, have it eat, she comes back. Moments later, notification appears that she has been overexposed, repeats the animation, and the reaper returns. Now I have two urns. Continually bring her back with Ambrosia, cycle repeats. Sometimes immediately she dies, other times she'll live for about 3-5 out of game minutes before it continues anew. Befriended the reaper to bring her back that way, no avail, as even if she comes back, she'll die soon after.

Message 1 of 4 (2,915 Views)

Re: Vampire Sim Continually Dies From Sun Exposure After Resurrection

Hero

Hi @CruelSpider7

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,903 Views)

Hero

Tagging @CruelSpider7 for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (2,861 Views)

Hero
Moving this to general/tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (2,815 Views)