Re: Vampire Perk Menu Won't Load and Crashes Game

by crinrict

Original Post

Vampire Perk Menu Won't Load and Crashes Game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most up to date version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Dine out and my first pet stuff. I don't have any of the kits either.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply by clicking on the icon for the vampire perk menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on the icon for the menu and it will open and then completley freeze the game before any of the perks on the menu can load and then shortly after the game will completley close itself.
What do you expect to see? The menu will open and it will start playing the vampire perk music and display all the available perks and weaknesses as well as my vampire rank.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the kits were brought into the game.

I have been playing sims a lot recently due to the pandemic and I noticed that after the kits were brought in I was unable to access the vampire perk menu as described previously, I have tried multiple different sims and I have had the same result. The game itself works completley normally and I am not having this problem with the spellcaster perk menu as they are relativley similar or an other part of the game, really hope it can be fixed soon as vampires are my favourite occult sim type so I create a lot of them.

Message 1 of 4 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xXLadyGambitXx Do you have any lastCrash.txt files ?

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M172236 (under Additional info)

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (306 Views)

Hero
@xXLadyGambitXx Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (273 Views)

Hero
@xXLadyGambitXx Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (247 Views)