Username change for Sims 3 login

by Celestial_Goth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please, please let us change our Sims 3 specific ID.

★★★ Newbie

I know, I know. People keep asking and advisers keep saying no.

It's a punch in the gut every time I have to see my Sims 3 username linked to a very abusive part of my life. It's a reminder I could do without.

Please Origin, give us the option to change this online or by phone, even if it's just once per member.

Thank you for reading.

Message 11 of 34 (1,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please, please let us change our Sims 3 specific ID.

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Sorry to hear your current username brings back undesired memories @elsieairhead, it's the opposite of what we would want.

puzzlezaddict is right, unfortunately: when advisors are telling you no it's not because they don't want to help. Once a name is chosen for a The Sims 3 account, we cannot change it.

While I understand this doesn't help you with The Sims 3, when designing The Sims 4 this was improved. The Sims 4 uses your EA Account ID and so can be updated at any time. But as you can see, The Sims 3 was built using a completely different system.

View in thread

Message 13 of 34 (1,907 Views)

All Replies

Username Change???

★ Novice

Is it really not possible to change my user name on the sims 3 store/ site? i was able to change it every where else on EA's sites. Like, I did contact EA through chat and they said it wasn't possible.  Honestly im ok with my username if I have to keep it but it bugs me.

Message 1 of 34 (473 Views)

Re: Username Change???

Hero (Retired)

@KeiraDragonhaven  As the Sims 3 has everything hard linked to your user name changing it would be very complicated. Another issue is theft. If someone has access to your account, your games can be stolen and I don't think there is a way to trace the switching. While it may be possible to merge two accounts (I have never done this) I think you loose some data in the process. I would only recommend this if you have expansion packs in two different accounts and you need to recover the packs without repurchacing them. The simple answer is you can not change your Sims 3 handle (user name)

Message 2 of 34 (459 Views)

Delete sims username

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I'm trying to change my username on the sims 3, as it is a stupid name I thought of in 2009. 

However, I'm finding information that says you are not able to change your username on the sims 3.

I want to change my username to my origin account name, which is a lot more logical. 

Am I able to delete my sims 3 account and just make a new one?

Regards!

Message 3 of 34 (654 Views)

Re: Delete sims username

[ Edited ]

@Lauravw93  It looks like your post was just moved to the Sims 3 forum.

An EA community manager confirmed a few months ago that it's not possible to change your Sims 3 Store/Exchange ID, even if your Origin ID is different.  You could of course make a new account, but your games would still be registered to the old one.  Codes can't be transferred to a new account, even if you can prove you're the original owner.

Sometimes it's possible to merge two accounts, and in theory you could get around the annoying username by merging the old account into the new one.  However, this doesn't always work, and in all honesty I'm not sure what the requirements are for EA support to grant the request.  (This is the solution when someone has TS3 packs spread across multiple accounts.)  Furthermore, even if you could make this work, you'd probably lose any store content attached to the old account.  I'm not sure the store purchase history always gets wiped, but it did happen recently to someone else.  And there's no way to restore it.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer, but there's really no good way to make it happen.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 34 (633 Views)

Username change for Sims 3 login

★ Novice

I want to change my username on the sims 3 from what it is and can't find a way to do that. Does anyone have any advice?

Message 5 of 34 (717 Views)

Re: Username change for Sims 3 login

@Celestial_Goth  If you mean thesims3.com, then there's no way to change your username.  EA community managers have confirmed that recently.  If you mean on forums.thesims.com, you can post on the wall of EA_Rtas and ask for a name change.

Message 6 of 34 (706 Views)

Can I change my username on the sims 3 exchange?

★★★ Novice

It wont let me do a live chat for some reason? i cant request a call cause i don't have a phone right now, so can anyone help me? 

Message 7 of 34 (530 Views)

Re: Can I change my username on the sims 3 exchange?

@ZoeyHappyHugs  The EA help lines are extremely busy right now with all the new games that have just been released.  And for some issues, only phone calls are allowed, not live chat.

Having said that, you can't change your username on the Exchange or thesims3.com overall.  This has been asked a few times recently, and the EA community managers have clarified that it's not possible.  Sorry.

Message 8 of 34 (522 Views)

How can I change my Sims3.com username? Is there any way to?

★ Novice

I've been wondering this for a while, I assume there has to be a way.

Message 9 of 34 (484 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help