Re: Updated to new patch but there are no new items showing.

by sarahR555

Original Post

Updated to new patch but there are no new items showing.

★★★★ Novice

I updated my sims 4 game to the latest version and triple checked that the version was up to date. I cleared both my sims 4 cache and origin cache, and still there are no new build buy or cas items. I restarted my computer and did everything I found about the problem on an archived forum. I dont know what else to try but Ive searched for the item names individually so I know its not an issue with the items being marked. It says im up to date on the main menu but when I click the sims 4 on origin is says update game as an option. I tried updating again to see if it somehow didnt before even though it said complete. It froze at 100 percent, I canceled and when I tried again it wouldn’t load. Im confused and really just wanna make a chimi.  please help out if u can. 

Message 1 of 10 (621 Views)

@PandaDripz  What is your current game version?  Load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and you'll see the vaem version along the bottom of the screen.  Please list the entire number, as in, 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (596 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The version is 1.67.45.1020. I just checked again  by clicking on grills and still nothing.

Message 3 of 10 (584 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just checked the patch notes and its not up to date yet i watched it upload and say complete and ready to play. How do I update again if it apparently already did?

Message 4 of 10 (574 Views)

@PandaDripz  The items aren't marked as new for me either.  Could you check if you have these though?

• Appliances -> Outdoor Cooking: Master Del Grill (§650)
  • Surfaces -> Dining Tables: Mesa de Familia (§315)
  • Comfort -> Dining Chairs: La Silla de la Mesa de Familia (§85)
  • Decorations -> Paintings & Posters: La Vida en Color (§5)
  • Decorations -> Sculptures: El Gran Jarrón (§50)
  • Decorations -> Misc: Florinda Pergola (§1,015)

I think the rest of the content is recipes and CAS items.

Message 5 of 10 (572 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, The same thing just happened to me with this December update. Origin says it updated but when I go into the game the new main menu is not there and there are no new skin tones. Not sure what to d, as I have updated it multiple times. 

Message 6 of 10 (504 Views)

@sarahR555  What version is your game?  You can see it along the bottom of the Main Menu screen.  Please list the entire number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

Message 7 of 10 (496 Views)

★★★ Novice

It says version 1.69.57.1620

Message 8 of 10 (496 Views)

@sarahR555  You're running the Legacy Edition of the game, which means no content updates or anything else.  Since you have a Mac, you probably do need the LE—Origin doesn't usually download it unless a Mac doesn't support the standard version.  But if you'd like to double-check whether your computer can run the standard version of Sims 4, please post the specs of your computer, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 9 of 10 (491 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you, I will look into it
Message 10 of 10 (489 Views)