Re: Floor and items disappearing

by micki1026

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

I'm not asking which build you downloaded from the gallery (although that might be useful information down the road) but rather which lot you're using in the game (they each have a name).  For instance, some of the lots in Newcrest include Twin Oracle Point, Rippling Flats, Tranquil Crescent, etc.  We have experienced problems in the past with terrain on certain lots in the game (see this thread), and so that's why I ask.

Message 11 of 20 (3,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I saw the thread before I posted. No one had reported the issue. I hope this clarifies things, I was not at my desktop computer when I posted responses.

I am more than certain I found out the issue.

When I put the room "Backyard Confine" in the first level basement on the same empty lot (hillside highlands in newcrest) the terrain disappeared again. It kept doing it in other worlds in the game, and it kept happening. All outdoor rooms in the category EXCEPT the new Movie Stuff room causes this issue ONLY on the first basement floor.

I am thinking it might be a basement level 1 roof glitch with the outdoor rooms.

I am testing in a new game right now to see if the issue can happen with other rooms on other levels, as of right now, no other room types cause this issue on any other level.

The second picture reflects how apparently only -sometimes- do the items in the above level disappear (into thin air?), so that part of the issue I am having is still all up in the air. Pun intended!

Message 12 of 20 (3,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Tiles can NOT be placed over missing terrain, only rooms and foundations/decks (see picture 1). Pools can be placed in the 1st level basement under missing terrain. Interestingly, when you delete the pool section, the terrain returns. (

Also, dragging the room walls in towards each other until the room is virtually gone thus deleting the room (the only way you can, apparently!) also remedies the missing terrain section.

Message 13 of 20 (3,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is not clear, see next post. (not sure how to delete replies hah)

Reflecting Missing Floor is only on terrain level with outdoor rooms on basement level 1, on lot Havisham House lot in Windenburg (happening all over the world).

Message 14 of 20 (3,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Further testing in NEW game (Bargain Bend lot, Willow Creek.

Picture 1: Basement level 2, 1.

Picture 2: Basement lvl 1, ground level, lvl 2, 3, 4 and 5th (in red to help showcase levels).

Only happening in basement level 1 with outdoor rooms (except movie stuff pack room)

Message 15 of 20 (3,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So apparently, now we all know what the terrain issue is with the basements I'm having. Is anyone else having this issue too? (Could it be Windows 10's fault? I don't have another OS to test it on)

In conclusion, I guess I want it to be known to beware!

Because the items outside on the terrain will disappear and they can't be recovered if you don't undo it.

I lost most of my very valuable garden no cheat can copy... perfect quality spliced plants and death flowers... ((at least none that I know of nor want to use, only Motherlode.))

Message 16 of 20 (3,178 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks for the detailed response @micki1026.  I'm having a busy day, but will head into my game and test a little later.

Message 17 of 20 (3,167 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Had a chance to look in game, and I think it's just a matter of not knowing about some mechanics.

So, given that outdoor rooms is a category probably intended for outdoor placement only, rooms in the category deliberately place without a ceiling/roof.  They do this above ground too, and they also do it on the 2nd level basement (but the game puts a dirt covering above them).  You can still put the terrain back in place above the first basement level by clicking on a wall of the room and then on the yellow outline around it at the top:
fixceiling.JPG

Choose Build Ceiling, and it will redraw the terrain.  I think it also makes sense that objects are deleted above the room when you place it because they no longer have a floor or base to rest upon, and also, in some cases, I think objects from the basement level are then conflicting with objects at ground level.  Solution there would be to place your basement room first, redraw the terrain above it, and then place additional rooms/objects above.

Finally, you can delete a room in a basement by clicking on one of the walls to select it and then simply hitting your DEL key - it will delete the entire room.

Hope this info helps!
Message 18 of 20 (3,906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Ooohhhhh i see lol well im glad i learned something. Hope i didn't cause everyone too much trouble.
Message 19 of 20 (3,160 Views)

★★★ Novice

My basement isn't directly below my missing tiles. Will this still work?? 

Message 20 of 20 (3,102 Views)