Re: Floor and items disappearing

by micki1026

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Updated: Terrain and items disappearing... in progress on terrain issue...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have been having an issue since most recent patch with the floors on any levels including basements disappearing after exiting build mode or saving. The floors even on ground level will not come back, deleting items that were on the part that of the ground that disappeared. The items are not in inventories. Removing or deleting lower levels, including basement levels, does not fix the issue. Additionally, the deletion of exterior rooms and walls on basement levels are showing the error 'action not allowed' or 'nothing to delete'.

Message 1 of 20 (883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Had a chance to look in game, and I think it's just a matter of not knowing about some mechanics.

So, given that outdoor rooms is a category probably intended for outdoor placement only, rooms in the category deliberately place without a ceiling/roof.  They do this above ground too, and they also do it on the 2nd level basement (but the game puts a dirt covering above them).  You can still put the terrain back in place above the first basement level by clicking on a wall of the room and then on the yellow outline around it at the top:
fixceiling.JPG

Choose Build Ceiling, and it will redraw the terrain.  I think it also makes sense that objects are deleted above the room when you place it because they no longer have a floor or base to rest upon, and also, in some cases, I think objects from the basement level are then conflicting with objects at ground level.  Solution there would be to place your basement room first, redraw the terrain above it, and then place additional rooms/objects above.

Finally, you can delete a room in a basement by clicking on one of the walls to select it and then simply hitting your DEL key - it will delete the entire room.

Hope this info helps!

View in thread

Message 18 of 20 (3,932 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you try repairing the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (863 Views)

★★★ Novice
Actually after having another issue with crlt shft c not coming up, items disappearing and crashes, I repaired the game through origin. Then the ground disappeared and I am at where I am now.

Side note, my computer is also freezing, 2 times since I reported it. I do have firewall and antivirus set up.

I will attempt to repair the game again and hope it doesnt happen again, but as far as the current game is at, repairs do not effect the saves and will not remedy this situation.

For now, I extended the foundation over the spot and ignoring the undeletable rooms in the basement. Ill reply with what happens with my next idea to make this disappear is to copy lot, bulldoze current lot and replace it with copy THEN try to delete the basement areas that wont delete.

Message 3 of 20 (858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you have the "move objects" cheat on? When messing around with walls, rooms, and wallpapers it can sometimes delete items. If this happens, just simply turn it off before messing around with rooms or walls. Hope this helps. Standard smile

Message 4 of 20 (853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, and I forgot, when you want to delete a room in the basement, just move a wall to the opposite wall. The normal way doesn't work.

Message 5 of 20 (851 Views)

Hero
  • What's your operating system ?
  • Are you using mods/cc in your game ?
  • Does the same happen if you start a fresh game for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (841 Views)

★★★ Novice
Windows 10.

No cc or mods.

Have not found out if it will occur again offically at this time. I plan to test tonight.
Message 7 of 20 (836 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Which lot(s) are you building on?

Message 8 of 20 (833 Views)

★★★ Novice
A downloaded lot that is in newcrest. Its no cc and top rated for downloads, forget the name.
Message 9 of 20 (830 Views)

★★★ Novice
No cheats no mods no cc
Message 10 of 20 (828 Views)