Re: Updated Sims won't load when pressing "Play'

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Updated Sims won't load when pressing "Play'

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to load my Sims house the past 3 days. The game allows me to create Sims, however, once I hit the play button to start playing in my household the game will not load. It stays on the loading screen for up to an hour is the longest I've sat on it. I have tried cleaning the cache data, I have repaired the game multiple times, I have look for updates multiple times, I have shut off my computer and turned it back on. I cannot figure out how to fix this. Customer support said two days ago that they were working on it, and the threads now seem like others have solved it, but I'm stuck!

Message 1 of 5 (1,059 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@PurgatoryCanines  Can you start a new save?  Please test if you haven't already.  If you can't start a new save, move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can now start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't start a new save in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,049 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@PurgatoryCanines  Can you start a new save?  Please test if you haven't already.  If you can't start a new save, move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can now start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't start a new save in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (1,050 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So I tried to create a new save and it wouldn't work. However removing the Sims 4 from the electronic arts file did!!

my only next question is how do I get my mods and my old old saves back on to this new file?? Do I just copy and paste them, or will I have to go about it in a different way??

Message 3 of 5 (1,038 Views)
Highlighted

@PurgatoryCanines  Yes, you can copy and paste.  But I would do so in batches, testing each time to make sure the game still works.  You can add some of your mods first, and try to create a new save each time; any batch of mods that prevents you from playing needs to be split and tested until you find the problem file(s).

When you've sorted through your mods, you can add back your saves.

Message 4 of 5 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It worked, thank you so much!! 

Message 5 of 5 (960 Views)