Re: Update won't update

by AndrosLeFay

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Update won't update

★★★★ Novice

I received a msg when on steam that 'The sims 4 is updated and ready to play'. Remined me that I read about the new update so I sent to load the game, AND this is were the problem started. Clicked the Icon to load the game and it told me it had to update (It shows The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe with Dine Out and Kids Room Stuff after getting Origin plus) and on the side it showed 2 downloads. Thinking "Great". Nothing.

Click to open "updating".... Ready to play, Click to open (once more), "updating".... Ready to play. Click open Origin, the Icon and see it needs to update. Update and around we go with 3 seconds of an update and Ready to play. 8 times now I have updated this game. 2 times were after I tried repair. 1 time it checked (and download a little for each pack I have. 24 complete downloads). Time 2 Update... Ready to play (still with the update button).

I have closed (exit) Origin, Repaired and updated the game and now try 9 is the same: Verifying game files, Preparing and Finalizing for a second each with "The Sims™ 4 Digital Deluxe with Dine Out and Kids Room Stuff is up to date." and the update button coning back each and every time.

Short of uninstalling and reinstalling (want to avoid that at all cost) I need help fixing the patch that won't patch 

Message 1 of 6 (7,841 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
Message 2 of 6 (7,821 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Message 2 of 6 (7,822 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@AndrosLeFay I was going to say I found away around it (GoG Galaxy loaded it without the update loop). Will try the link so I can use the icon and not the roundabout way. Ty btw
Message 3 of 6 (7,814 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Ellerwind I've gotten the same thing! Tried about a dozen times and even restarted twice. Still nothing. I'm on a PC, if that helps.
Message 4 of 6 (7,811 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mark333000 The Link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ did help. The only thing I would add is to re-download and install origin. Tried to open it and IT was stuck on updating. After some time (around 7 min) I went to exit and it just wouldn't move, Download loaded the install and 2 min later origin opened and the sims no longer said to update (also loaded 😁 )
Message 5 of 6 (7,804 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Ellerwind The above link from @AndrosLeFay did indeed work! Just got done playing The Sims. Not a problem whatsoever.
Message 6 of 6 (7,786 Views)