Re: Update won’t go through

by tehmooo

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Also having this issue after windows update. Must be a bug in the origin client.

Message 10 of 42 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

tried using safe mode to install, and while i could download the sims (i deleted it to see if it was the update causing the issue) i couldn't reinstall it due to vc++ not being in safe mode..

Message 11 of 42 (827 Views)

@tehmooo and @Simalleyaile  Try installing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

Regardless of whether this helps, EA_Tom is looking for more information on this issue.  It would be great if you could generate an Origin error report.  Instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-Client-Your-download-has-been-paused-Wa...

Please reply to EA_Tom in that thread with your error report number and your OS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 42 (807 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled, installed, run as administrator, cleard cache.I still get messahe a down load can't happen, so I press 'Retry",  "Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission."

I don't get Windows Prompt. So, per instructions I got I went and moved the slider all the way up, and tried to get updates. Didn't work so I moved the slider down to no notification, that didn't work.

EA needs to get it's * together. No other game client has this issue, not Blizzard, Epic, Steam. Just EA. What is wrong with EA? The Sims4 is the first game i've ever used Origin for and at this point I guarantee it will be the last. It's an update, for gods sake. This should be easy.

Fix this crap.

Message 13 of 42 (793 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much for your help. A Clean boot did the trick.

Will go to the other thread now and tell Tom.
Message 14 of 42 (783 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict dude - thank you so much, it never occurred to me to do this and i totally forgot you even could - thanks to this, i managed to get everything updated and working again. I'm not 100% sure what is causing the error, but it MIGHT have been the origin client and web helper services. Or, it could have been a number of the other services... either way, it's working again now - so mega thanks for your help! If it happens again, i'll try and work out the exact service causing the problem so i can report it 

Thanks again :D

Message 15 of 42 (779 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled, installed, run as administrator, cleard cache.I still get messahe a down load can't happen, so I press 'Retry",  "Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission."

I don't get Windows Prompt. So, per instructions I got I went and moved the slider all the way up, and tried to get updates. Didn't work so I moved the slider down to no notification, that didn't work.

Message 16 of 42 (738 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Thanks for the response it helped my problem. i can now finally update the sims 4. 

Have fun playing all

Message 17 of 42 (732 Views)

sims 4 update issues

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have been trying to update Sims 4 to the 12/12/2019 update but the game prepares for the update then this comes up:

Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission.

Help us improve Origin by submitting an error report.

I have tried running as an administrator, updating and restarting my laptop but these have not worked

I don't use any CC or mods

Message 18 of 42 (746 Views)

Re: sims 4 update issues

★★★ Novice
@cheeseyname Have been having the exact same problem, and since the game won't play until I do the update, I'm unable to play until there's a fix to this issue.

I have tried absolutely everything, uninstall/reinstall, running as administrator, restarting my laptop, clearing cache files in Origin, repairing the game, changing UAC settings to high and none, compatibility modes, etc. Nothing does it.
Message 19 of 42 (737 Views)