Update the sims 4 ruined my game

by killathesims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Update the sims 4 ruined my game

★★★★ Novice

I upgraded yesterday, and after that also was unable to play. Open a message in the notifications saying the game you are trying to load is saved with a newer version of the sims 4 than what is installed. To carry it safely, you must upgrade the game. But I did and so gave the problem! And if I try to play with new family, gives several errors, I can not buy anything and not saved, giving error 0. already uninstalled and installed Origin and the game, but still the same.

Message 1 of 13 (2,424 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Update the sims 4 ruined my game

Hero

Try if it helps of you empty out the following folder

documents\electronicarts\theims4\saves\scratch.

You might need to get rid of your savegame but lets try that first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (2,496 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,497 Views)

Community Manager

@crinrict wrote:

@killathesims Heya,

I moved your thread to The Sims 4 forums, please check out the quoted suggestion by Crinrict and let us know whether that resolves the issue for you.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 13 (2,371 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi this has JUST happened to me too, in the time it took for me to exit game, go away for about an hour and come back to open the game. 

On loading the main menu the game notifies me that my save was unable to be recovered because it was saved on a newer version of the Sims 4. I am able to make a new household but after placing it on a lot, am unable to buy/build anything or save (error: 0). 

After checking the sims version as suggested in this thread, my version is still apparently the latest: 1.0.677.20 (The 09/09 patch downloaded successfully on that same day). Is another update incoming? 

I tried clearing the saves/scratch folder as suggested but no improvement. What next?

Message 4 of 13 (2,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, I emptied the scratch folder as suggested, but still the warning. And it's exactly as friend Cocofaire also wrote, until I can play with new family, but I can not build, buy the game and not saved. The old family is lost ...what do I do now?

Message 5 of 13 (2,331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks to crinrict friend, I had to delete files from the scratch folder and files also saves folder. With that I lost my last game, my old family, but I could play with new family without errors. I can build, buy and save the game novamente.Com sure the files were giving some kind of conflict in the game, and besides giving the message that needed updating not let save the new game. Thank you again!

Message 6 of 13 (2,305 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had to delete files from the scratch folder and files also saves folder. With that I lost my last game, my old family, but I could play with new family without errors. I can build, buy and save the game novamente. Sure the files were giving some kind of conflict in the game, and besides giving the message that needed updating not let save the new game. 

Message 7 of 13 (2,303 Views)

Hero

Thanks. Sad that it has to come to that. I was hoping that only the scratch folder is an issue.

Did you already delete everything ? If not, you can try if one of the backups (the one with ver<number> in the end work by removing the ver<number>

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,262 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I copied it to another folder. But I'm afraid to move and bring back some files and start giving problem again. I started another game, okay, at least returned to work properly. Thanks anyway.

Message 9 of 13 (2,233 Views)

My game auto-updated when I opened it tonight and now it won't load

★★ Novice

My game auto-updated tonight when I opened it up and now it won't load. I get a pop up box with the following in it:

***63741EE8***

***135DEC40***

[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075]

I cleaned up the scratch folder and the saves folder and my game stil won't load.  Any suggestions on what the above means and what I should do next?

Thanks,

Stillie418

Message 10 of 13 (2,126 Views)